SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tinam61

Stuffing or Dressing???

tinam61
13 years ago

And what do you put in yours?

Dressing here and I love, love, LOVE me some good dressing. My mom and my grandmother used to both make some yummy dressing. Now it's up to me (this year) and my sister. I've not tried to duplicate one of my mom's varieties, dressing with pecans and dried cranberries, and will definitely NEVER be duplicating my grandmother's oyster dressing.

I also like a very moist dressing that is best "dipped/scooped" instead of a drier dressing cut into squares.

Mine's pretty basic, cornbread (and as I don't like much sage at all I've started adding a bit to my cornbread batter rather than the dressing mixture), some cubed white bread, (or other breadcrumbs, etc.), celery and onion sauteed first, REAL BUTTER, broth, egg(s). I'm not a measurer, I cook like my grandmother, a bit of this and a pinch of that. I like to mix up my dry ingredients, my celery and onion and butter the night before, let it sit, add my broth and eggs the next day before baking.

YUM, dressing is one of my favorite Thanksgiving foods!

Share yours! Maybe I'll try and make a smaller pan with the pecans and cranberries.

tina

Comments (20)