SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marblelove_gw

HELP Want to remove countertops just installed

marblelove
15 years ago

I would like to remove silestone countertops and a silestone backsplash that was just installed as well as silestone on an island.

I love carrera marble and got talked into silestone by my kitchen designer. I immediately regretted it. We have a kitchenette in the basement we have yet to do (our house is new construction). I would like to have the silestone taken out and cut to fit the dimensions of that space. Couple questions. Anyone taken out silestone without damaging the cabinets or the silestone itself? Everything is brand new, so I am concerned about doing more damage than good. I know taking out the backsplash will damage the wall, but I'm hoping since I plan to put more backsplash up this won't matter too much. I know I will have to pay for refabrication of the silestone - cuts, edges etc. Should I expect to pay a lot for that? Also, if I have to do this I may need to have seams where I didn't plan in the basement piecing the silestone together. Anyone have seams in silestone? Are they hard to hide? If we need to order additional silestone is it hard/impossible to match - slabs like granite - or is it more uniform since it is man-made???

Comments (3)