SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phyllis__mn

Sad news from Container forum

phyllis__mn
15 years ago

Just read this from Tapla (Al), in the container forum, so thought I should share it with people over here who may be familiar with him......

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Need Advice - Sort of Somewhat a Little Bit Personal

Posted by tapla z5b-6a MI (My Page) on Sat, Jan 24, 09 at 12:15

A few of you might have read this on another forum. For those who might have - I hope you'll forgive the repeat, but I still haven't received any advice I think I can use. I'm at my wit's end & really need your help. I'll give you a little background first.

Sigh! So here goes. I need to get this off my chest:

Lately, my wife has been working more than a few extra evening shifts, and for the past couple months has been car pooling with one of her male co-workers. At first I didn't mind at all, I would rather have someone for her to ride with - in case she has car trouble or something like that, but it seems that they have become a little bit more than just casual friends. You can probably guess the scenario, the phone calls that hang up when I answer, suddenly starting to wear extra-nice clothes and make-up that's 'just so' when she goes to work, talking about 'him' all the time, etc.

I didn't know what to think. If I was out in the garage when she got home (usually after midnight - I'm something of a night owl), he would just drop her off and leave, but if the lights were off in the garage and I was in the house (they thought I was sleeping, I bet) they would sit out in the car, often for twenty minutes or more. I asked her once what they were doing out there, and she said "just talking, you know .... whatever." What does THAT mean, for crying out loud?

So! Last night I decide that I'm going to see what really goes on out there when she gets home. I leave the garage door open, but turn out all the lights. Just before the time she usually gets home, I go out and hide in the garage and wait. I have some plant racks on wheels that I move in and out of the garage every night at this time of year, so I hid next to those. In a few minutes, his car pulls into my driveway. When his headlights shine into the garage it illuminates almost everything but me. When that happens, I'm forced to look at something I never thought I'd see, something I'd never have imagined would happen to me, something so bad it's really hard to talk about (another sigh). It looks like the little Ficus bonsai I've been nurturing for years has scale. Which do you think I should use - horticultural oil or a systemic insecticide?

Al

Comments (15)