SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
iamrocky_gw

Best Central AC unit for Trane XL-90 Heating unit

iamrocky
13 years ago

I need your help - I am getting quotes from HVAC dealers in Colorado Springs for a Central AC unit to add to an existing Trane XL-90 Heating unit. All duct work and plumbing and electrical runs for natural gas AC are in. Home and heater are new. Prices and technical info from local dealers and the internet are all over the place. One dealer says to go with a 3 ton Trane - $4700 for an XB14, and $4400 for a XB13. They say these are the only two Trane units that are compatible with my two-stage heater. Person who did home inspection could not answer the basic of AC questions - just quoted from company fliers. BTW - this company is associated with a national Home Improvement Chain. Is this why they are charging high end prices for low end equipment? However - the internet is full of $3500-$4000 prices for more efficient units from Trane (XL15, XL16). I'm trying to qualify for a tax credit. Please help! What AC is best matched to the XL90 Heater and can I ever qualify for a tax credit using the XL-90?

Comment (1)