SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
akcorcoran_gw

Anyone use IKEA cabinets/sink in a laundry room?

akcorcoran
11 years ago

We have a set of glass kitchen upper cabinets that we want to re-use (three double doors) and found an IKEA style that is actually a very close match to the door style. I was considering using them to just "round out" our new laundry room. I am doing a set of shelves that fits four laundry baskets on the bottom of one wall, so I don't need lower cabinets there really, I just need two or so for under the counter and then was looking at one of their large utility cabinets to put next to it (for brooms, vacuum, etc.)

I was also looking at the sinks for maybe use - we won't really use it that often (I haven't hand washed but maybe three things a year - and most often it was my daughter's "cozies" (blanket or stuffed animal.) Just want running water to wash our hands, etc.

So, I'm trying to assess quality and longevity. And, the prices seem low but then there are sneaky add on costs (I guess all the cabinets are on legs so you have to add a toe kick if you want one?) Plus you have to assemble them...?

Anyone use IKEA in building the storage in a laundry room?

Thanks in advance!

Comment (1)