SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jzf0fk

2 sets of Washers & Dryers (miele)

jzf0fk
15 years ago

hi all

I am seeking wisdom & guidance on what to look out for when setting up 2 pairs of washers and dryers.

We have the Miele w1918 & T1515 purchased in 1996. Back then, it was just the 2 of us. Now, we have 3 kids. So, my wife ends up doing 7 loads of laundry a week. As a good husband, i decided that if we get increase the washing capacity, this will help with getting more laundry done, faster. We looked into getting the w4800 but i came across a pair of w1918 & T1565C for $200 ($340 delivered). I couldn't pass up a good deal. Now, we have 2 pairs of w/d, i have configured the laundry so that they can all fit, yet, we can still walk around.

My question is, for those that have 2 pairs of machines, what issues did you run into?

>> I can think of have 2 machines draining water at once, would my 2" drainage pipe be able to handle all the water? if not, it will be a mess on the floor.

>> The water inlet should be ok as i would think that the machine will wait until the desired amount of water has been let in. but i could be wrong

>> Running the 2 sets of washers at once on the original circuit should be ok, i would think. In the past, we have run the washer and dryer at the same time. However, with the water heater inside the washer, I wonder if that is going to overload the system???

Also, i am having an electrician come in and setup another set of 220v for the dryers. One is a vented and the other is condenser. I have never used a condenser but i heard that it isn't as efficient as vented. there is also no way of converting back as a vented unit...

Your input is appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths