SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

How old is too old to trick or treat?

2ajsmama
9 years ago

My DD (10) is out now with her dad, DS (15) was hiding at the end of the driveway, he had brought our candy bowl out and a Bluetooth speaker, he was going to sound a scream when anyone (not real little kids) took candy. He just came back in - I had several packets of Halloween-shaped bracelets, some pixie sticks and skull rings for the little kids, and 3 (small, 12 oz or so, for about 2lbs total) bags of fun-sized chocolate bars in the bowl for anyone whose parents allowed them (some with nuts).

He said the only group that stopped by so far are some teen girls (his age, not all live in our neighborhood) and there is 1 package of bracelets and 4 pieces of candy left! It's starting to rain but he was so mad at the thought of the teens not leaving anything for the little kids that he's taking the bowl back out and "hunting them down" to get some back. I don't know how much luck he'll have, maybe he can get the plastic jewelry back. I've got some goodie bags in the attic, can start putting some cookies in them.

He hasn't gone out for a 2-3 years now, don't you think 15 or 16 is too old for these girls to go door-to-door? And don't people teach their kids manners and sharing any more???

Comments (37)