SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momofred

how much should I pay for a pro kitchen design?

momofred
13 years ago

My GC has a designer working up two layouts for my new kitchen....currently demo'd and 'blank slate' so to speak. Verbally, she already had some great ideas, things I would never have thought of....space-wise, taking out a wall, moving the 'island' to create better flow from kitchen to dining room and great room, placement of sink, etc etc.

Bottom line is that i'm sure her designs will be lovely but the cabinets are coming in more than we'd like, approx. $14K, and I wanted to spend about $10K tops. Now I'm not going crazy with the cabs, although I did ask her to price a glaze upgrade on the cream, but I"m starting to second guess the glazing anyways...

My GC says we can buy the design off of her and get them done elsewhere, thinking Lowe's KraftMaid or something similar...so what should I be expecting to pay for her design? I just want to make sure I'm not getting 'snowed' over...and will it be more expensive in the end to buy the design and get the cabinets another place, or just go with her cabs which is all inclusive?

I meet with her and GC this afternoon. TIA!!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES