SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shadey_gw

Freaking out on LR Layout .. help!

shadey
10 years ago

Hello,

I am a long time garden poster, but relatively new to the home posting side of things. We purchased a cape cod home in dire need of renovation. We are doing the reno from afar. My brother is an architect and is the main design person. I am, however, frustrated as it is hard for me to envision all of this on paper and we have many limitations with the age/layout of the house. So, here goes, we have gutted the dining/kitchen/back entry in order to make it more practical for our lifestyle -- turning dining room into a transition from mud to kitchen that includes a small powder and laundry room.

It just seems like there is a lot of dead space here in those corners. I will have a pull out ironing board on the south side, under counter but above spot for hampers. I would love a desk in there too ... but it all doesn't seem to want to fit! Does anyone use the laundry area desk? We don't have the right space for it in the kitchen.

I need a sink, folding space, place to store supplies and hang shirts plus drying rack. Right now, sink is on north wall, w/d under window on east, south wall is a counter and row of upper cabs.

Feedback?

Thanks,
Shadey

Comments (5)