SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gwanny2three

They have taken away precious time from Alan

gwanny2three
15 years ago

I am so furious and confused. Alan had a stroke yesterday and was rushed to a hospital in Palm Springs. He's now in ICU there. He had an MRI done and they found the same tumor that the first hospital said they removed! That was a few months ago when his brain swelled and he almost died. The doctors there bascially sent him home with 3-6 months to live. His doctor, from Hospital #2(a well known one), from his cancer 5 years ago took over and said he wanted to try agressive treatments and had high hopes for him. He put Alan in for a few days for tests and said that the first hospital did a great job removing the tumor. Then started to back off of the agressive treatments he wanted to do....got very lax in his communication in the last month. He found more cancer in Alan but said that medi-cal wouldn't cover most of the treatments for it. He was to start chemo tomorrow. Now that he has had the stroke obviously that won't happen. Well....this hospital (#3) he's now in, in Palm Springs did an MRI and said the tumor is still there and they are demanding the records from Hospital #1 and hospital #2 to see what is going on. This doctor is furious that they didn't remove it and said they did and is quite shocked that hospital #2 didn't see it. They have a cancer treatment center there too and are willing to treat him because he is in the system and they will eventually get there money from medi-cal...no problem. He also said he can't understand why hospital #2 didn't treat him asap....again they would eventually have gotten there money from medi-cal, same as any hospital. They are doing surgery tomorrow and he said it's going to be a bad surgery because the tumor is really deep in his brain but it has to be removed, no question about it. I am terrified for him after all of this. Who can you trust??? This whole thing from the beginning has been a web of confusion, lot's of ups and downs. I so hope this new doctor knows what he's doing...sounds confident they say, so hoping all goes well. How can this happen though?? I am baffled at all of this. I can maybe...MAYBE, see one hospital getting it wrong but not two! Please pray once again for my nephew, this is so scary. My head is spinning from all of this!!

Comments (36)