SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
livebetter

Ah ha! Miele debuts new 27 inch IntelliQ

livebetter
13 years ago

I'll get more info on this. I was told it was only cosmetic changes to the machines but they even have a new name for them and they appear to have new features. I'll see what I can find out ...

"Miele's IntelliQ is the appliance manufacturer's first new laundry pair to debut in four years.

The German-engineered washer and dryer both feature new technology, including PerfectBalance, AirStream Drying System, and Perfect Dose, which optimizes the amount of detergent used and fabric care results based on the size of the load and the level of soiling. A Sports Gear program specifically designed for the Canadian market is said to ensure "clean, fresh-smelling hockey equipment;" and can wash equipment like hockey pads, which Miele claims many other machines cannot do.

The laundry machine measures 27" to fit very large loads, which is a category that some manufacturers are getting out of. BSH Home Appliances Corp., for example, just announced earlier this week that it would be phasing out its 27" front-load laundry products by the end of this year, resulting in the closure of one of its three production lines in New Bern, NC. The reason cited by BSH is to focus its resources more on dishwashers and built-in cooking appliances in North America; and shift attention to the 24" laundry product category. The company plans to open a new Product Experience Centre in Toronto by early 2012 to feature its Bosch, Thermador, and Gaggenau luxury appliance lines.

But Miele says it is confident the 27" size will continue to perform well in the North American market.

"...We plan to reinforce our leadership position in Canada's premium 27" laundry segment," says Jan Heck, President, Miele (Canada) Ltd. "With Miele's 100 years of professional fabric care experience, we are confident in our ability to grow our presence in this category even further. This is why we believed very strongly in bringing the new Miele IntelliQ 27" washer and dryers series to Canada."

"We believe Canadians will continue to demand a premium 27" large capacity laundry system," reinforces Kelly Lam, Director of Marketing, Miele (Canada) Ltd.

The IntelliQ series will be on display at the Interior Design Show (IDS11) from January 27-30, 2011 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in Toronto, ON."

Here is a link that might be useful: Miele debuts 27 inch IntelliQ laundry pair

Comments (47)