SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goddi_gw

Carrier-Question on filter size and financing...

goddi
14 years ago

Greetings,

I am still helping a friend with her getting a Carrier heat pump, the Performance Series. I have a couple questions concerning filter media size and the 'Same As Cash' filter offer.

I am suggesting to her to have the contractor install the 20"x25"x4" filter media box. They are easily available at her local Home Depot. The contractor says that size is only available for the Infinity Series. Is this true? I would think that it is only a hole in the side of the inside unit that should allow for the 20"x25"x4" filter. What is the max size filter for the Performance Series?

She is going to apply for the "Same As Cash" promotion by Carrier,that uses Citifinancing. It seems the contractor is saying that she will have to pay $120 per month with this financing package. My friend seems to think that the $120 is interest, but that does not make sense to be the "Same As Cash". I think that this is just a minimum payment that will go toward the principle IF the total amount is paid off before the 12 month period. Am I correct?

Thanks... Gary

Comment