SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mellbee

What constitutes as a mior payer in a dog fighting ring? Venting

mellbee
16 years ago

I just read that Oscar Allan a person who sold a dog to Michael Vick was fined a measly $500 and sentanced to 3 years probation because he was considered a minor player in the dog fighting ring.

So basically Allan sell Vick the dog, knowing what the dog will be used for, then he attends the fights, but he is only a minor player!! WTF!?!

Okay so I understand that he cooperated with investigators, but come on!! The maximum sentance was five years in jail and a $250,000 fine. How does he end up paying only $500 dollars with 3 years probation?

Darn people.... Don't they know that these poor dogs have no one to defend their rights? If we don't do it wo will?? I'm guessing the judge doesn't have any furbabys of his own. Such a sad story.....

(Sorry. Just had to vent!!)

Here is a link that might be useful: Full Story

Comment (1)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    16 years ago

I know what you mean. There is a place about a mile down the road that raises fighting cocks. Steams me, but there is nothing I know of to do, but stop and act dumb and ask if they have any extra 'eggs' to sell, and just see what they might tell me of their venture there. Once I found out anything, I wouldn't know what to do with it.