SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tom_c_71

Inside temp. skyrockets in the afternoon...

tom_c_71
14 years ago

The temp. in my apt is set to 72. From about 2:00 in the afternoon until 7:00 at night the temp rises from 72 to 80. The AC runs continuously from noon until sometimes 2:00 in the morning.

Maintenance has replaced the compressor, coil, blower, a leaky valve, and recharged the system. That made absolutely no difference.

Prior to the "repairs" the temp. at the registers was about 68, after it was the same. Shouldn't the temp. at the registers be about 55? Maintenance has given up and says there is nothing else they can do. (???)

I'm on the 3rd floor, have a vaulted ceiling with the attic directly above, and the sun shines directly on my side of the building all afternoon. It's obvious those factors along with the outside temp. (over 90, Tampa,FL) is causing the temp. (along with my electric bill) to skyrocket. I close all the blinds/curtains and run the ceiling fans all afternoon but that doesn't help either.

I'm not opposed to hiring an outside contractor to at least check the system and make repairs if needed, but would that be a waste of time and money? Is there anything I can do or check other than buying a fan and bag of ice?

Comments (7)