SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
indy_anna

Preparing House to Sell

Indy_Anna
15 years ago

DH and I may be moving next summer, so we have over a year to prepare. I was starting to feel anxious about everything we had to do, so I started making lists - areas to declutter/organize, house repairs needed, things to throw away.

My decluttering list is huge! We have lots of stuff, and are happy to part with much of it. But, it wasn't until we thought about having to move it that I realized just how much there was. Things like declutter and organize all kitchen cabinets, clean all refrigerator surfaces (top, sides, and inside), declutter all six bookshelves, linen closet, all bedroom closets, kids toys, garage pegboard. All itemized, the list is 30 items long.

The repairs won't be too bad for us. I'll hire most of those out. It will be costly, but we don't have the time or skill to do it ourselves. (siding and gutter repair, paint outside of house, ceiling repair and paint, etc)

I've had initial conversations with our realtor, but she hasn't come over yet. I'm almost scared to have her over with everything we have yet to do.

Then, there's the worry about keeping it all clean while it's on the market. We've got two big dogs and two kids. It seems so hard to make it always ready to show when you still have to live in it.

Obviously, I'm getting overwhelmed by all this. Does anyone have any insight into all this? How did you do it and what worked well for you? What didn't?

Thanks,

Audrey

Comments (11)