SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poohpup

Need some advice. Single or double bowl for kitchen sink?

poohpup
12 years ago

This is my first post to this site after spending hours and hours reading and looking at pictures here. I've gotten some great information and am most appreciative!

We are planning a kitchen remodel and are due to start demo on Feb 13th! I'm feeling pretty comfortable with most of the decisions as I put in my dream kitchen 6 years ago and then moved a year later. lol Our home now has a huge kitchen that was planned and laid out by someone who doesn't cook. Can't wait to have a kitchen that actually functions!

One of the decisions that I've gone back and forth on is the kitchen sink. I simply can't decide whether to go with a single bowl or a double. I think most of my issues stem from the fact that I've never had anything other than a double bowl. My new kitchen will have a prep sink in the island so the main sink will mainly serve as the cleanup center.

I do have a dishwasher as well as several things that are not dishwasher safe so I hand wash a reasonable number of items. That makes me think double bowl. But then again . . .. just made turkey soup today and my 20 quart stock pot and some of my larger items are sitting on the counter waiting to be washed. There I go, back to single bowl again. Ugh!

I'm going to go with an apron front fire clay sink that is available in a single or double. I need to get it ordered soon and I'm continuing to flip flop.

I really appreciate any advice. :)

Happy New Year!

Linda

Comments (40)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH