SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
majorpain_gw

American Standard Heat Pump quote

majorpain
13 years ago

Background. I have a 15 year old American Standard 3.5 ton outdoor unit, with a 4 ton inside unit. The unit still works but my repair bills last year have me worried. I spent about 1500 just keeping it going, and its not very efficient at all, runs all day and most of the night here in Houston.

I just got a quote from All Points a/c and heating inc. They quoted me an American standard Heritage 15 seer 3.5 ton heat pump unit with 10 year comp, 10 year coil & 10 year parts warranty. With a 4 ton air handler w/15 kw heat strip package w/10year coil & 5 year parts warranty. As well as relocating attic unit and return air. Also replacing all duct with R-6 thermaflex. Along with that he is installing new plenum, collars and drain pan. This also comes with a 1 year labor warranty provided by all points a/c. The total was 10,550 with a 3 year 0% interest for 36 months. IÂm new to this any insight would be beneficial. Questions I have are. Do they need to replace the copper lines? Is this too much system for a 1550 square foot home? Is American standard good equipment. Should I even bother getting a heat pump system? Should I ask them any questions to ensure the quality of installation? Thanks in advance.

Comments (2)