SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drbeanie2000_gw

Single-lever, non-pullout/pulldown, sidesprayer faucet - any good

drbeanie2000
12 years ago

I have a faucet in our about-to-be-renovated kitchen that is probably a really old-fashioned kind, or a cheapo kind. It has a single lever on top of it, isn't a pull-out or pull-down, but I attached a cheapie swivel-head aerator that I pull down when I want spray, push up when I want stream. Like this: {{gwi:1566934}}

I think I did this when I didn't have any kind of sprayer function, even a side sprayer, and hated having to chase everything down the sink with my hands or a sponge. The water pressure was terrible too. I have to say I didn't really care about water-saving (looks sheepish), I cared much more about its swiveling function, ease of stream-to-spray-to-stream, and cost (The faucet at the place I'm renting is a Blanco pull-out and I'm finding it frustrating that I have to reach around at what seems to me to be an odd angle to pull out the faucet and then get to all corners of the sink, when all I had to do was swivel my aerator before. Sure, it can fill up stockpots on the counter, but my old cheap side sprayer did that too, and that is what I used it for. This rental unit faucet, I have to push down to get the spray, and then it won't stay in that position. Once I turn off the faucet, the spray feature pops up.

I hate anything that requires more than one one handle, and having both a hot-water handle on the left and a cold-water handle on the right makes me crazy - turn on the hot, then the cold, then maybe a little more hot, or a little less, etc. until it is right. Also it reminds me of my two-handled two-TAP sink (shudders).

So. All you single-lever, non-pullout/pulldown, sidesprayer faucet owners - have a good one? I would prefer the single lever to be to the right of the faucet but I'd rather have one that did hot/left cold/right more-pressure/up, etc. than the newfangled ones :) that seem very popular now.

Comments (10)