SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chgojudyinaz

Need help with placement and size of drawer pulls!

chgojudyinaz
13 years ago

I have spent so many hours on this forum as I have been planning and remodeling my kitchen -- such incredibly valuable info and opinions. Thank you all!

I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel. Now I have to decide on my cabinet hardware asap or I will have to install them myself! I have chosen Amerock Revitalize in ORB for medium/dark stained select alder cabinets, but I am not sure what size pulls to use, especially on larger drawers, and on my panelled dishwasher and refrigerator drawers. The drawers are overlay and recessed panels with applied molding. There will be knobs on all the doors. These drawer pulls come in 3" centers, 3 3/4", 5", 6 1/4", and 8" heftier appliance size. I am using the 12" appliance pulls on my side by side built in fridge.

I am also not sure whether to center the pulls on the drawer vertically, or place the pull for the bottom drawer higher than center so it is easier to reach. I prefer not to put 2 pulls on wider drawers (I have 3 banks of 32" wide drawers, one of which is right next to the refrigerator drawers on the island) because I don't want to have to use 2 hands to open the drawers easily. I also am keeping in the back of my mind that it wouldn't be a bad idea to choose sizes that would not be hard to find if I decide a few years from now to change the hardware for whatever reason.

What is the best size to use on a dishwasher and refrigerator drawers -- are the big appliance handles more comfortable, or do the regular pulls work fine? Pics would be great. Thanks!

Comments (3)