SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
augie05_gw

New member with new question -compare two systems

augie05
10 years ago

Hello everyone,

Great forum. I have found this forum very useful as I have researched my AC options. I just registered a few moments ago.

I am looking to replace my 15 year old upstairs air and heating system with a new Trane variable speed system. My house is about 2600 square feet and my upstairs is a bit larger as it includes a larger room over the garage. The existing unit for upstairs is a 2.5 ton unit. Both of these dealers are recommending a 2.5 ton unit as a replacement. I am located in central North Carolina.

I got two quotes from two local dealers for the following:

- Trane XR15 outdoor ac unit
- Trane XV80 furnace with variable speed blower and 2 stage heat
- Trane coils needed to get to 16 SEER

The local utility is offering a $300 rebate that I believe requires a 16 SEER complete matched system. Both of these dealers state that their units both qualify for the utility rebate.

I have received two quotes for the above system but they both utilize different part numbers for the coils and furnace. I was hoping the great folks on this forum can explain the differences in laymen terms for me and maybe why they are using different numbers and if anything looks out of whack here.

Quote A - Less expensive quote

Outdoor Unit (XR15) = 4ttr5030e1
Coil = 4txcc005cc3
Furnace = tud2b080acv3

Quote B - Higher priced quote

Outdoor Unit (XR15) = same as above
Coil = 4TXCC044BC3
Furnace = TDD2B080A9V3

I am ready to pull the trigger and get the install scheduled but I really need to understand why these guys are providing different part numbers.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Comments (15)