SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jcthorne

Venstar T1900 Thermostat with Humidity Control

jcthorne
16 years ago

I have looked at humidity control thermostats for some time, wanting to add them to our hvac system. Many here recommended the Honeywell IAQ which I almost bought.

But, our home uses an Insteon network home automation system and Venstar (maker of Carrier's thermostats) has a line that are compatible and communicate with the Insteon netowork.

From what I can determine, the Venstar T1900 will do everything that the IAQ can do other than the 3 wire interconnect. I already have sufficient wiring available for installing the complete control scheme so that is really not a benifit for my application. The T1900 has seperate low speed fan output for dehumidify operation as well as 2 other programmable outputs. Even has wireless outdoor temp monitoring that can be used for control, ie limit dehum function to above 44degF outdoor temp or a programmed balance point for a dual fuel system. Seems like a pretty sophisticated stat.

From an HVAC standpoint, am I missing some important feature by going with the Venstar/Totaline communicating thermostat? The Insteon communications would be nice but not at the expense of a well running HVAC system. Oh, and I would have 2 of these networked in the house.

Comment