SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
faron79

My A-fib and Anxiety/mild depression....BETTER!!

Faron79
11 years ago

This may sound rambling, but bear with me!

Since my first hospitalization in 8/07 for A-fib, I've slowly been getting more anxious & nervous about things. I've had mild forms of D/A for most of my adult life, but not for long periods. Never affected work, etc.

It helped knowing there was nothing wrong with my heart, and that the A-fib rhythm isn't a fatal one. Still, sometimes I'd get scared and feel funny about ambiguous things. Felt a little less like doing things at home, etc.

Until this summer....

My Cardiologist suggested seeing their Mental-Health professional. DW had thought this for some time! I resisted, with usual "I don't need any help" crap....

WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!

Along with a common A/D Rx., my visits with her have helped SO MUCH! I enjoy the visits with her, and learning WHY I react to things has been a revelation.

I've gotten MANY more things done at home this year, a good-looking yard in a crappy/dry summer, clean/waxed/clay-barred/shiny cars, took out timbers from a failing garden & reseeded, etc......

When I compare myself to last year, it's like I'm a new person! I feel more at peace with stuff, etc..

I DON'T feel "drugged" in the least. It's like I'm not taking anything! I'm ME....just not as nervous & fearful, & with a better understanding of my health.

So-

If a loved one of yours...or YOU...are affected by something like this, seek some help. If I can admit this, ANYONE can. I now see what an IDIOT I was for not doing something years ago.

Hope this has helped someone?!?!?

Happier in Fargo-

Faron

Comments (38)