SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grizzylemon

Another silly question (booties)

grizzylemon
19 years ago

I am trying to make a pair of booties and I am having a hard time following the directions for several different ones. My problem is understanding which piece is which. For example, when it talks about the 'instep', I am not sure what part it means. When I think of instep, I think of the arched bit of your foot. Also, the directions called for doing a sc2tog, and it had an abbreviation I have not seen before which was 'YOH'. I know that YO is yarn over, but wasn't sure what YOH was. I would up with a bootie that is very long more like a boot, and had a gap where you would normally have the shoelaces or tongue of a shoe. Here is the pattern I followed:(or tried to)

INSTRUCTIONS: With MC, ch 21. Join with ss to first ch to form a ring.

1st rnd: Ch 3 (counts as first dc). Miss first ch. 1 dc in each ch around. Join with

ss to top of ch 3. 22 dc. 2nd rnd: Ch 3 (counts as first dc). Miss first dc. 1 dc in

each dc around. Join with ss to top of ch 3. Rep last rnd once more.

To form instep: 1st row: Ch 1. 1 sc in same sp as ss. 1 sc in each of next 6 dc.

Turn. 7 sc. 2nd row: Ch 1. 1 sc in each of next 7 sc. Turn. 3rd row: Ch 1.

Draw up a loop in each of next 2 sc. Yoh and draw through all 3 loops on hook -

sc2tog made. 1 sc in each sc to last 2 sc. Sc2tog. 4th and 5th rows: Ch 1. 1 sc

in each of next 5 sts. 6th row: Ch 1. Sc2tog. 1 sc in next sc. Sc2tog. Turn.

7th row: Ch 1. 1 sc in each of next 3 sts. Do not turn. Working to side of

instep, proceed as follows: Work 6 sc in left side of instep. 1 sc in each of next

15 dc. 6 sc in right side of instep. 1 sc in each of next 3 sc. Join with ss to first

sc. 30 sc. Next rnd: Ch 1. 1 sc in each sc around. Rep last rnd 3 times more,

ending with join A. Next rnd: With A, ch 1. 1 sc in each sc around. Next rnd:

Ch 1. (Sc2tog) twice. 1 sc in each of next 11 sc. (Sc2tog) twice. 1 sc in each of

next 11 sc. 26 sts. Join with ss to first st. Next rnd: Ss in next st. Ch 1. Sc2tog.

1 sc in each of next 9 sc. (Sc2tog) twice. 1 sc in each of next 9 sc. Sc2tog. 22 sts.

Join with ss to first st. Fasten off.

With RS of work facing, join A with ss to any top ch. Working between dc,

proceed as follows: 1st rnd: Ch 1. 1 sc in first sp between dc. 1 sc in each sp

around. Join with ss to first sc. 18 sc. 2nd rnd: Ch 1. *1 sc in each of next 3 sc.

Ch 3. Ss to top of last sc  Picot made. Rep from * around. Join with ss to first sc.

Fasten off. Sew bottom seam.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions