SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dan_hemsley

Knitting circle.

dan_hemsley
19 years ago

HI,

IV been working on a project over the internet since November. ItÂs had its ups and downs, now being on of its downs. The project consists of forming a random knitting circle from a number of forums, enlisting many people who have never met to join together in one project. I have begun to swap knitted patches between people I have met. IÂm looking to create a large blanket for my final Art Degree show at Winchester School of art. Each patch is made from a different person. This blanket is being hung on a large wall. On the opposite wall will be printouts off all my emails, postings and letters that have come about through the communication of this knitting circle, also a map showing the locations off all the people who have taken part. Recently I have been accused of being a scam artist; I have spent the last 24 hours trying to calm down one individual who has taken it upon herself to warn everyone of my project. I put this down to her trying to live a dream on the internet, behaving like this is all an episode of NYPD BLUE. I donÂt get it.

But anyway IÂm looking for more participants to join; anyone interested can request more information by replying to this of emailing me on dan.hemsley@talk21.com. A lot of this project is surviving on trust and with the final deadline looming I have realise the work still to be done. All those who take part will receive a patch in return for their work, an invitation to the final show, thatÂs if youÂre local, and a letter at the end containing all information to the project, photos of the final piece and a huge thank you. If anyone has trouble with postage and packaging then I will pay.

So if anyone feels like they want to join please contact me, I will be truly grateful,

Thank you, Dan

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions