SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Just for fun....Unpopular Opinions

Oakley
14 years ago

We do this on another board and the opinions are hilarious! This is just for fun. Name something you dislike (decorating, real life stuff, just anything) but the majority of people like.

My "unpopular opinion" hit me today when I received a Fall catalogue in the mail. Here goes:

I hate Fall colors in decorating. I hate the colors of oranges, yellows, greens when people decorate inside their homes for Thanksgiving. I can't explain why, I just don't like those colors and I never decorate for Fall.

Also, I hate Halloween. I never understood WHY people, even adults, make such a big deal out of it. Even when I was a kid and my mom dressed me to the hilt in great costumes, I just wanted the candy, then to go home. lol

What are your unpopular opinions?

Comments (151)

• udontknowme
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

anele,

I really didn't like being around loud and screaming kids. And kids that ran around constantly and were spazzy. I was a very quiet and shy kid and being around all of the commotion in school was nerve wracking for me. I didn't like the general meanness that so many other kids had. Bullies that would push smaller kids around. Just typical kid behavior, taunting and name calling and trying to hurt the feelings of everyone around them.

I didn't like having to wait for everyone. Wait for everyone to sit down and shut up so we could get on with things. Or wait for everyone to get into a line and shut up so we could get on with things. I felt like the majority of my school years was wasted on waiting for everyone to just be quiet.

My parents have often said that I was born a 40 year old and just got older every year.

• Ideefixe
    14 years ago

Polly-- "t makes me ill to see these actors and actresses spend thousands on designer dresses and jewels for one night and how the rest of the world will try and emulate them."

No one actually pays retail for either the dresses or the jewelry. Either the designers give them the dresses or they pay a tiny fraction of the wholesale cost and the jewels are loaned.

Not that your rant isn't warrented, but still.

• Related Discussions

'Food Spikes'-- just want your opinion

Q

Comments (27)
    I hope Lamora's ok with me taking a minute to explain something. About battle zones - I know many of you think I like to argue, or that I'm rude, but please consider something - I recognized the baiting/trolling in this and the other thread about MG, and decided it wasn't worth arguing about. What IS worth arguing about is when someone intentionally sows misinformation in order to get under another person's skin. It's not that I feel the need to retaliate, but I do feel the need to correct misinformation. I think it's horribly selfish to intentionally say things we know are wrong for all the wrong reasons. This isn't the case here, but THAT is what makes me point to the misinformation and the personal effrontery often utilized when someone runs out of facts. It's not for me that I engage in debate, it's for others that are impressionable and are in danger of having their growing experience harmed because someone needs to either feel good about themselves (ego) or feels the need to annoy. I can make up my own mind, but so many others can't, because they often lack too many pieces of the puzzle. I have a real hard time looking away from advice that has the potential to hurt someone, so when someone tells me something about growing I know not to be true, I can easily look away to save the effort of disagreeing, but not so easily, for instance, if Lamora's not getting the full picture or is being mislead. I'm not saying that this particular post was like that, only explaining how I think. If I engage someone in disagreement it's almost always because I think readers will benefit from seeing both sides clearly, or seeing another reasoned response. I'd much rather be diplomatic when I can, but once a thread is off the rails I think simply being direct, impersonal, and working with facts instead of opinions works best. Most often, when I talk about myself, you'll find I'm sharing a little bit of my heart, so it makes it easier to understand where I'm coming from, hopefully. For those who think I'm bristly, please try to understand that when I post here I'm guided by certain principles. I'm old enough to be guided by such, too. ;-) What I mean is, I always try to avoid a disagreement unless I think what someone is saying has the potential to harm someone's growing experience or mislead them. If that occurs on a thread I'm participating in, I feel obligated to disagree - a pretty simple MO. I also try to word every post so it has the potential to enlighten someone - either today, a week from now, or a year down the road when someone is doing a search and comes across a debate. Frankly, the way the post above was worded, I was concerned that a person who had made it a point to wage a vendetta for well over a year was back, so I'm really relieved Mike stepped up and explained what was going on. In an email reply to Mike, I explained that there's no reason to ask his nephew to withhold his opinions, but he does have reason to ask him to play fair. All's well, no blood shed or high drama. All the questions posed by dirtbites have been answered over & over again, so unless someone is really interested in hearing the answers, we'll just move along. Thanks again, Mike. Al
    ...See More

doctor question, just curious for opinion

Q

Comments (2)
    Thank you, agnespuffin. Another calmer sibling was told of the situation today, and seemed to understand where his brother was coming from, and also the doctor. (It's interesting to be on the outside looking in on the workings of these people.) He says he knows his brother's heart and that he wouldn't do anything to harm the situation, but thinks he used poor judgement in the way he went about it. Too bad my husband always looks guilty no matter what he does. Unfortunately, the doctor is trained to look for things and has to report anything he feels is off. It will be interesting to hear what the 4th sib has t say. Thank you again.
    ...See More

Just wanted your opinion?

Q

Comments (6)
    Must be pretty important to you, judging from your quick response -- not. Appears your "recovery" is a ways off, yet. So...you've got what particular advice for other people? I'm thinking maybe you'd best attend to yourself. If you were Joe Hollywood or had something else going on, maybe people would be interested in what you have to say. If you're just another schmuck with problems, good luck about finding publishers or customers. Appears to me you're most likely JAS.
    ...See More

Can I tile/trim just the wall behind vanity? Conflicting opinions

Q

Comments (9)
    I just had a similar dilemma in my master bath. I ended up tiling to eye level. Lower just didn't look right. Much of this depends on the vanity, mirror, and light fixtures around the sink area. I would not do the 3 foot high around sink then change to eye level border around tub. I would do the vanity area with border at eye level and go all the way around, including the wing wall and tub area. It just seems like you would then be tiling to protect the walls from water splash. Which makes sense.
    ...See More
  • terezosa / terriks
    14 years ago

The prices that other people pay for things doesn't bother me. I just think about the designer/manufacturer/sales people who are receiving the money. The money is not wasted, it goes to employ people.

• Oakley
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Lynn,

I love my soaps! I'm an avid viewer of The Young and the Restless, and Bold and Beautiful. B&B is so campy and juicy, just what a soap should be. lol

It's funny you bring up people with a chip on their shoulder. Just the other day my SIL and myself were talking about "bitter old women." It dawned on us that they're bitter because something really bad happened in their lives which probably ruined their "dream", so we both decided to start going out of our way to those people.

Here's another. Designers/Decorators trying to help us poor lost souls trying to decorate a room by using big words and phrases related in the decorating field that us laymen don't have a CLUE what you're talking about! lol Just tell us and skip the textbook language. :)

No offense or anything, but it's like being with my dh, when we have 'words", I always tell him he's at home now, NOT the law office so "can it." lol

• mahatmacat1
    14 years ago

We know one little girl who, from the age of 2, would loudly proclaim "I'm NOT a child!" to anyone who dared to count her as one, say a hostess in a restaurant, etc. The parents couldn't figure it out but eventually just had to stop bothering to offer an opposing viewpoint...sometimes it seems that she was reincarnated as a fully mature 30 y.o. in a baby's body.

• anele_gw
    14 years ago

udontknowme, you sound like the perfect candidate to have been homeschooled! I am guessing from your introspection at a young age that you are gifted as well.

• polly929
    14 years ago

ideefixe-
    I know they don't actually pay for them, and that annoys me even more, b/c the celebrities get all kinds of freebies while all the rest of us little folk actually HAVE to pay for stuff. I just don't like how glamorized and over the top the whole thing is.

• mahatmacat1
    14 years ago

anele LOL I thought the same thing...

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    14 years ago

I don't enjoy children either although occasionally I meet some that I do like.
    I'm also another who disliked childhood. Particularly always being told what to do, how and when. Couldn't wait to be grown up and run my own life. Got my beginners permit at 14 and my license on my 15th birthday, lol.
    And, I relate to everything udontknowme said, as I was bullied often because I would easily cry and was tall. They saw a sucker a mile away.

• excessfroufrou
    14 years ago

I strongly dislike: the color gray (too depressing)
    cell phones (too rude)
    granite counter tops(too "70's", forever and ever)
    yard banners/flags (too tacky for words)
    bad children/dogs (mainly thier parents)
    thongs (too uncomfortable)
    people who lie (enough said)
    dark wood floors (too hard to keep dusted)
    unkept yards
    people who use thier garage for junk and park outside
    the show "Big Brother"

Things I do like alot: the color pink (very flattering)
    Martha Stewart (men&women hate a strong/smart woman)
    Camping (in our RV with air cond., bath, bar)
    Dirty Martinis
    My little dog
    My pastel kitchen
    My itty bitty red convertible
    Halloween and all the adorable kiddies we throw open our doors for each year
    Yardwork/gardening
    Big hair (I can't help it, comes from my mom always saying someone's hair was stringy-plus it balances big behinds nicely.

• justinea
    14 years ago

I don't care for:

the words "hate" and "shut-up"

people using "me" "I" "myself" incorrectly while speaking or writing

bratty kids in public places; e.g., stores, libraries, restaurants

loud music in a car next to me at a stop light

pressing "1" for English; customer service people who are impossible to understand

"Have a good day." instead of "Thank You!"

Trash TV

tatoos

ill-fitting clothing

ugly feet

not picking up your feet while walking

cell phones coming out of one's head/ear

• udontknowme
    14 years ago

It seems like we've run off the path with this topic. Instead of "Things that you dislike that the majority likes" it's become the "list everything you don't like" thread.

Unless, of course, people are saying that racism and rude people are things that the majority of people like......

• kgwlisa
    14 years ago

I wonder how many people have to dislike something in order for it to become a popular opinion? :)

• morton5
    14 years ago

I don't like words on walls, like the ubiquitous "Live, Love, Laugh," of "Cafe," or other such stuff that you would find at Home Goods. A framed, seldom- seen quote is okay. I also don't like oversized wall clocks, unless they are hanging outside, and I'm not crazy about ledges for photos and knick knacks, either. I don't like "top treatments" on windows and I do like functional drapes-- especially the hugely expensive ones you see in Britain.

I like tent camping, especially at the beach, and especially in national parks. I like being close to nature and unplugged, even if I have to be coated in DEET. I take my kids, leave DH at home, and we have a blast, or at least a very memorable time. I only camp for a couple of nights at a time though-- the real campers are those who can stay comfortable for a week.

• TxMarti
    14 years ago

I don't like ice cream. I will eat chocolate, but would rather have something else. No other flavor though.

• terezosa / terriks
    14 years ago

people using "me" "I" "myself" incorrectly while speaking or writing

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. I'm happy to find a kindred spirit.

• TxMarti
    14 years ago

Posted by kgwlisa

I wonder how many people have to dislike something in order for it to become a popular opinion? :)

That's why I could only think of one thing. Everyone else had already listed my big dislikes, so I guess that makes them common now.

Sometimes it takes an experience to change your mind though. I never liked children either, but then I had one, and she totally blew my mind. She was also a beautiful baby (breach) the day she was born. Everyone said she looked like the Gerber baby. She grew out of it.

I didn't like leather furniture either, until I gave in on a piece, and now it's all I want.

• johnmari
    14 years ago

"Kohler Memoirs bathroom fixture suite"

LOL! Where did that come from?

When I was remodeling my bathroom, I pretty much lived at the bathrooms forum. I swear every third frickin' bathroom was getting the Kohler Memoirs sink/toilet and everyone was thinking they're being "timeless". No, it was setting up to be the bathroom equivalent of the avocado refrigerator.

golddust, what's ironic is that I AM a "metal and stone" person. I just don't like giant hunks of stainless steel in my kitchen (I did my time in commercial kitchens and I don't want that look in my house) and I am just so bored with seeing granite countertops. For those who love it, more power to them and they should just enjoy the heck out of them. Also, these days most of the granite on the market is imported from Third World quarries, where the environmental impact and labor conditions are appalling. I find it bizarre that I live in the Granite State and yet no fabricators are doing countertops in local granite (a couple dozen small quarries are still going), but according to the guy at the stoneyard near me the simple salt-and-pepper of NH granite can't compete with the flashy stuff that's more appealing to the average consumer. And you KNOW how much a ho I am for copper - good hand-wrought iron's up there too. (Ironically, I couldn't give a rat's rump for gold and diamonds.)

"For those of you who hate/dislike children, I have always wondered about one thing. When you were a child, did you hate/dislike yourself?"

You know, that is one of the most irritating cliche questions asked of people who don't much like being around children. (Right up there with "who's going to take care of you when you're old?" and "what if YOUR parents felt the way you do?" Well, I expect to be hiring YOUR [generic you] kids to wipe my butt, and I'd be a different person born to a different family. Big whoop.) Even when I was a kid I did not particularly like being a kid and was really looking forward to getting to an age when I'd be taken at least somewhat seriously instead of "oh, isn't she cute, reading such a big book at her age" and people would stop talking to me like I was an idiot - I was one of the "7 going on 37" types. I really didn't like being around other kids, either, for pretty much the same reasons I am not really enthusiastic about their company now - the noise, the tearing around, the stickies and the "green elevens" and getting into revolting messes, or the fact that another kid could rip up my book or take my bike and it was excused as "kids will be kids". Thankfully, the little girl who used to just stand out on the sidewalk and screech endlessly at skullsplitting pitch and volume (audible through earplugs) moved away last month and she can drive some other neighborhood out of their minds.

As much as I disliked school, I think I'd rather have cut my own throat rather than be homeschooled, though, because it would have meant spending WAAAAAY too much time with my parents! (Not that I could see any of them - bios or steps - having been the least bit interested in the idea.)

Oh, and my other unpopular opinion - I am indifferent to chocolate. Even good chocolate and even during PMS. I'll eat chocolate stuff if that's what there is (like when I'm at someone's house and they serve something chocolate for dessert), and yeah, sometimes it's enjoyable, but I'm certainly not going out of my way for anything chocolate.

• tinam61
    14 years ago

LOL Johnmari! Love your post. If I could only count the times I have heard "who's going to take care of you when you're old?" (even from my own mother. We happen to love children, have worked with them through the years, have godchildren, but chose not to have our own. I get that question alot, along with "WHY didn't you have children?" - beyond rude!

Thanks for the laugh!

tina

• natal
    14 years ago

JM, a white pedestal sink is timeless. They've been around forever. So what's the real issue?

• mahatmacat1
    14 years ago

What are green elevens? Should I even be asking this?

• udontknowme
    14 years ago

johnmari said:
    "You know, that is one of the most irritating cliche questions asked of people who don't much like being around children. (Right up there with "who's going to take care of you when you're old?" and "what if YOUR parents felt the way you do?"

I can empathize completely with this statement. It's gotten to the point that I now play a game of mental bingo when people start questioning me on why I don't have/ don't want children.
    1. Oh, it'll be different when it's yours!
    2. Good thing your parents didn't think like you did.
    3. Who will take care of you when you get old?
    4. You'll regret it when you get older!
    5. I thought like you did, too, but then I had little baby junior and it changed my mind forever!

I think the fastest time for someone to hit all the cliches was around 3 minutes.

I also have a similar mental bingo card for when people find out I'm an atheist. Talk about an unpopular opinion! :)

• mahatmacat1
    14 years ago

UGH, I just googled it. Should I get out more or be thankful I don't?

• mahatmacat1
    14 years ago

I think it's great that folks who don't want kids don't have them. Honestly, I think there are too many people who have them just because they Think They Should, that kids will give them credibility and social standing, and don't really like kids or know what to do with them. Good on the folks here who live honestly and forthrightly according to their inclinations, no matter what they are. I only wish that that were not such an unpopular opinion. We'd be a lot better off as a society if it weren't. IMO.

• IdaClaire
    14 years ago

It seems like we've run off the path with this topic. Instead of "Things that you dislike that the majority likes" it's become the "list everything you don't like" thread.
    Unless, of course, people are saying that racism and rude people are things that the majority of people like......

Quite true!

• palimpsest
    14 years ago

Here are some basics that are ever-popular in my area that I do not like:

hot dogs
    buffalo wings
    nachos with cheeze whiz
    bacon egg and cheese sandwiches.
    sandwiches at 7.00 am with fried onions from a food cart

All nauseating.

I can't walk down the vitamin aisle of a store if its hot and humid. Thats not an 'opinion', but many people can take vitamins no problem--I can't even walk by them.

• golddust
    14 years ago

johnmari, I thought you were a pagan, no? Where did I get this idea? Paganism and atheists are totally different. Pagans worship nature (religion alert).

Atheists do not acknowledge the supernatural. They are science people with a humanitarian bent.

I'm claiming menopause brain! Help me out of my fog.

• udontknowme
    14 years ago

golddust,

That wasn't Johnmari that said that. It was me. I quoted something she said, which may be why you're getting us confused.

• neetsiepie
    14 years ago

Oh, some other popular, but not by me...

Starbucks. And in my neck of the woods, a local outfit called Dutch Brothers. OMG, they all say "hey bro, how ya doin?" SHUDDER

Another non-fan of strapless bridal dresses (I'm a smart MOB, tho, keeping my mouth shut).

Scrapbooks. I just cannot see the time and effort put into these pages, much less the exhorbitant costs involved. And it seems that 90% of the books I've seen are amatuerish and ugly. Just put the photos in a book for cryin out loud!

Jennifer Aniston and Brangelina. Just.Go.Away.

• love-my-lilhome
    14 years ago

My Unpopular opinion of a popular one.
    The word (and I will spell it like it sounds)is the
    word....ready......Fung Sway. If I have to hear that word one more time on House Hunters
    or anywhere else I am going to flip .
    It sounds silly.
    I dislike any trend.
    I don't want anything like anyone else has.
    When I give in and paint etc. the going "thingy" I never like it. Not to say I don't buy
    apothecary jars or such but I won't throw a "throw" over a chair or sofa.
    I have always said I am strange but aren't we all?
    I like Fox. I like that the network doesn't kowtow to anyone. People that don't like Fox
    dislike Fox because they give you the flip side of MSNBC.
    Thats only fair when you think about it
    I dislike Glen Beck and Rush Bigmouth.
    Its perfectly ok to disagree about trends, politics and
    anything else important to us.Just remember...the opposite
    of you is a nice person too.

• anele_gw
    14 years ago

Uh, just for the record, I actually was NOT trying to put anyone down with my question of "if you don't like children, how did you feel as a child?" I think there are far too many people who have children who should never, ever have them (and I don't mean just cases of blatant neglect/abuse, either). I think not having children, if you know you don't want them, is one of the wisest decisions a person can make. And, I would assume that, since you don't have children, you probably have a lot more disposable income than I ever will, and will easily be able to pay someone to care for you in your old age. I, on the other hand, won't be able to count on my children OR my sad retirement fund. So, not trying to be "cliche" with that question-- just very interested.

Although my question obviously offended some of you, I actually learned a lot from your answers. It sounds like there is somewhat of a pattern here . . .from the people who answered, it sounds like you disliked how you were treated as a child by both adults and fellow children.

I would suspect that many (all?) of you are gifted, because I do think gifted people see the world very differently and can (not always!) feel out of place. I think (not being gifted myself) that the benefit of getting older . . .for everyone . . .is that you get to choose who you spend time with a lot more than you do as a child. If your family didn't understand you or talked down to you, then obviously there would be an even greater need to want to grow up and find people to connect to, or even just to be left alone.

My oldest is 7 and also going on 37, Mari. Well . . .sometimes. She can jump from reading Ulysses to reading 8 Scooby Doo books in bed before she sleeps. But, we respect her as she is, which is why we unschool. Hopefully she won't feel bitter about having been a child when she grows up.

• johnmari
    14 years ago

natal, it's a specific, fairly distinctive style from a certain manufacturer, not just "a white pedestal sink" (and the toilet is included in my general dislike). For the couple of years I was on that forum it was like every third bathroom I saw had that EXACT SAME MODEL. I got sick of seeing that EXACT SAME MODEL. I've gotten so that I can identify it on television and movie sets - "hey look, there's a Memoirs sink". And all too often it appeared in yet another version of a very similar setting - white subway tiles, white hex tiles, white cabinets, carrara marble, chrome fixtures, yadda yadda, usually yanked straight from the pages of either Pottery Barn or Restoration Hardware in some strange version of a "vintage" bathroom. Eventually it became a shorthand on the Bathrooms forum; when someone said they wanted a "vintage" bathroom, there was about a 80% chance that the aforementioned design is exactly what they wanted, right down to that Memoirs toidy. (Hey, this thread IS called UNpopular opinions.)

udontknowme, I have the mental bingo card too. If I could drink I could make a drinking game out of the same old lines that get trotted out, but I'd be wasted an awful lot of the time. (Why can't people MYODB about that kind of thing?)

golddust, that was a major case of menopause brain and not paying attention when you're reading. "Paganism and atheists are totally different. Pagans worship nature (religion alert). Atheists do not acknowledge the supernatural." Um, DUH!?!?! Teach grandma how to suck eggs, whydoncha? :-) udontknowme is the atheist, not me. Before I became a Pagan I was an agnostic, not an atheist, but I've been dedicated as a daughter of the Goddess for nine years.

• golddust
    14 years ago

Ok, Johnmari, thanks for the reminder of my menopause brain. I have a Dr appointment tomorrow. Pray for me.

• les917
    14 years ago

LOL Johnmari reminded me of another pet peeve. The phrase
    'exact same'. It is redundant. If it is the same, it is identical - there is no need to add a modifier. If it is not identical, then it is not the same, it is similar.

And just so Johnmari can have back at me, I have a Memoirs toilet - and I love it.

Yep, I agree that Fox News provides the opposite of MSNBC -fiction and bias in their news stories instead of fact. But I also agree that the world would be boring if everyone thought the correct, I mean same (and not exact same), way. :-)

• sable_ca
    14 years ago

Pesky - Dutch Bros? DH *loves* Dutch Bros! If we were to move to Eugene, which we sometimes talk about doing, he would be there every day!

• oceanna
    14 years ago

I agree with so many of you on so many things!
    What I dislike that a lot of folks like:
    - the color grey
    - stainless steel appliances
    - reality shows
    - spiders
    - rap music, hip-hop, country, opera, polka, yodeling
    - mail. Envelopes = bad. Packages = good.
    - answering machines
    - watching or listening to most sports (Olympics = good)

Reading this thread, it's amusing to guess which political persuasions people are. Am I the only one enjoying that? Anyone here who loves spirited political debate would love it over on Hot Topics, but you need a thick skin.

• mahatmacat1
    14 years ago

anele, quick question: which "Ulysses" are you talking about your 7 y.o. daughter reading? The one by Homer (called the Odyssey, just ftr) or the one by Joyce?

• segbrown
    14 years ago

I don't like Bruce Springsteen, the color purple, 95% of furniture, chick flicks, and lists like this. :-P

• natal
    14 years ago

JM, I know what it looks like ... I have one. Not the matching toilet though. I went with a Toto. I'm sure that name came up a lot too. PB & RH are riding a wave. The look is classic and was long before they entered the picture.

• mahatmacat1
    14 years ago

I love pretty much all the shades of grey :) (in addition to many other colors as well, but I have to say it's a rare thing when I think pink fits into my life in any way at all...usually mostly as a coral these days)

• anele_gw
    14 years ago

fly-- neither. She's read several adaptations (the one she is currently reading is "The Adventures of Ulysses") because that is what we stumble upon in the library. I should probably find get her the original (well, translated!) by Homer. And yes, I know it is actually "The Odyssey." LMK if you have recommendations for a particular translation.

• mahatmacat1
    14 years ago

Ah, thank goodness! I knew she was bright, but I really started wondering what we had on our hands here :) (reading the Joyce would be a bit *much* for a kid her age even if she could decode the words...

And re recommendations: gosh, the last I remember was Lattimore. I know there have been many since then. I'm old :)

• mitchdesj
    14 years ago

" It makes me ill to see these actors and actresses spend thousands on designer dresses and jewels for one night and how the rest of the world will try and emulate them. "

that's pretty much what I thought of all the inaugural balls last january; substitute political figures for actors/actresses.
    I found all of it pretty ironic in view of the bad economy.

• anele_gw
    14 years ago

Ha, ha, Fly! I am sure she could decode the words in Joyce's Ulysses, but I don't think she nor I could understand it . . .at her age, I wouldn't want her to!

• terezosa / terriks
    14 years ago

that's pretty much what I thought of all the inaugural balls last january; substitute political figures for actors/actresses.
    I found all of it pretty ironic in view of the bad economy.

You'd rather see all the people who are paid to put such events on, from the designers of the dresses and planners of the events to the caterers and janitors who clean it all up out of work?

• angelcub
    14 years ago

Popular likes that I dislike:

Tea, coffee, beer, wine or most any other alcoholic beverage. A pina colada is fine every now and then. : )

Fox news and MSNBC news

The small yippy-yappy dogs that people carry around in purses. I just want to do a Jay Leno and say "shuddup!"

Golf. A good walk spoiled.

Garlic and onions. Might use a little salt of both but not the real deal. Nasty stuff! Same goes for green peppers. I have a really strong sense of smell so maybe that's why I abhor them.

MacDonald's. Why or why do they persist. I suspect I could get better food out of a dumpster.

American Idol. Too scripted and predictable

Children that talk as if they are adults. Go play and be a kid. There's time enough to be an adult.

The new definitions of cottage and cottage gardens. These have been spun into something unrecognizable. What next, cactus cottage? : 0

Christmas. There, I've said it. Throw your poinsettias. : )

• natal
    14 years ago

The new definitions of cottage and cottage gardens. These have been spun into something unrecognizable.

Angel, I won't ask here, but I will there.

• golddust
    14 years ago

Oceanna wrote:
    "Reading this thread, it's amusing to guess which political persuasions people are. Am I the only one enjoying that? Anyone here who loves spirited political debate would love it over on Hot Topics, but you need a thick skin."

Oceanna, LOL! I have wandered over to HT a time or two. It's fun to debate sometimes. You either have to have a thick skin or a very dry sense of humor.

• jasonmi7
    14 years ago

Did I mention that I HATE...yes...HATE cats?

And the HT forum is actually pretty tame.

• parma42
    14 years ago

A seemingly popular thing that I dislike would have to be criticizing what other people have in their own homes, be it a color, appliances, furniture or any old thing. :)

Is that #150?