SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fishing1023

Opinions for hydro-air new construction

fishing1023
15 years ago

First, any info would be greatly appreciated as novice would be probably over state my expertise. Anyway, I am in the process of building my home which is approx 2200 sq ft with an unfinished bonus room of approx 500 sq ft.

I will be using an oil system as the area does not have gas available. I have two quotes for sepearate systems and have no idea which is most effective along with costs.

Both call for 2 two ton systems with 2 handlers.

The first is american standard product with an allegiance 13 condensors, first company air handlers, burnham boiler and a phase III smart 40 indirect water heater.

Second quote is for heil products 13 seer, heil handlers again with a Weil Mclain boiler. Water heater not listed.

The difference is $6000. Infor I have been reading leans me towards the the first system but I really have no idea. I believe I will lean away from a Weil McLain noiler as I have read a lot of leak problems occur in oil systems. Some info given has been to upgrade this product with buderus boiler and 30 gallon indirect water heater with logamatic controls which will still keep below this first quote

Thanks for listening, any feed back would be again appreciated

Dave

Comments (9)