SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
koala_em

HELP!!!!! Problem flirt- did I lead him on? how do I ditch him?

koala_em
17 years ago

#1 Just to be clear- I am MARRIED. I am NOT looking for an affair in any way shape or form.

This is what has happened:

I was collecting my DS14 'David' from a birthday gathering a few weeks ago. There was a guy there and I asked "Who's yours?" and as it turned out he was the dad of one of DS's newish friends. I have met the mum before but never the dad (they are divorced).

He said, I should get your number just in case we need to organise things with the boys- I thought 'great idea'!

I said what's your mobile # I'll put it into my mobile.

As I am typing it in he says with a joking tone "For a good time call 'Joe'" haa haa very funny etc. His phone was in his car, so I SMSed him my number.

One the way home I get a SMS "'Koala_Em David's mum is a hottie -Joe :-P".

I replied "Funny!" (told DH and wasn't sure what to do- thought it would be better to make a joke).

Joe replies almost immediately with "Funny! AND a mind blowingly good time... ya can't loose! ;->"

I didn't bother replying to that.

Anyway, yesterday (now 2 weeks later) I receive 2 missed calls from what looks like a work number and an SMS from Joe: "Guess what I found out?"

So I reply: "Ok... what did you find out?"

Joe replies "Apparently the mum of one of my mum's friends is quite a hotty ];->"

I freak... think what should I say to that? I want to keep it funny, but sort of let him know he's dreaming...

So I SMS back "You're a dag. I don't know what drug they put in the coffee machine but it causes hallucinations!"

Then just now he tries to call while I am eating dinner with the family. The phone battery went flat (luckily for me!).

How do I not look like a weirdo prude, how do I know if he is just mucking around, and how do I not totally break communication in a mean way in case I need to contact him for something to do with my DS and his DS's friendship?

Did what I say lead him on? I didn't intend it to- it's been a long time since anyone gave me attention in that way- so maybe I am over reacting?

Now I feel really weird. It's nice to feel attractive- BUT enough IS enough.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Freaking out!!!!!!!!!

Em

Comments (20)