SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fedupwithfloorinfl

Armstrong laminate popping & cracking...HELP!

FedUpWithFloorInFL
10 years ago

I have read a thread on this forum about this problem and I have been dealing with the same thing for a YEAR now. Armstrong has denied my claim twice and has sent their tech reps out here to perform tests and take back a sample of the flooring for testing. They have ultimately determined (no surprise) that it is not a manufacturer defect, citing that their warranty does not cover "noise issues". My installer who is also the retailer insists his installation was properly done and he has never seen anything like this before. I am considering hiring a flooring inspector, but that is about $400 plus any lab testing they do. I am beyond frustrated with this floor and it has to come up..... I can't live with it anymore.. it's getting worse actually. I am almost to the point of just giving up and bearing the cost of a new floor myself. I have about 2200 square feet of this horrible stuff. It's actually a very beautiful floor, until you walk on it!!...The only thing Armstrong said about the installation was the lack of appropriate transition mouldings, but my home is so open and the rooms are so large there was no way transition boards could have been installed. Besides, it wouldn't have made any difference in the problem. Even in the smaller areas and rooms where there are transition mouldings it is doing the same thing. If anyone has been able to accomplish anything with Armstrong on this problem, please contact me. I would very much appreciate some advice or input.

Comments (10)