SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Birthday Lunch With His Birthmom Today

lynninnewmexico
13 years ago

Today is our son's 26th birthday, and for the eighth year in a row, his birthmom and I are meeting for lunch to celebrate it together. Eight years ago is when we first found each other, as his adoption was a private and closed one. DH & I "gifted" our son back to her that first day when we finally had the chance to meet, and happily, they've become very close since then. Unfortunately, DS has needed to be back to first college and then grad school out of state on August 25th and has never been able to celebrate his actual birthday with us, but we're hoping that someday he'll be able to. Last year he was in basic training and this year he's serving our country in Afghanistan. But his two moms will be celebrating his special day today together and we'll have the waiter take a picture of us to email to him.

The morning he was born, DH bought me a beautiful green turquoise ring and I've worn it every year on his birthday, the days he started kindergarten, mid school, high school; at his high school graduation; the day we dropped him off at college his freshman year; at both his college and grad school graduations. I wore it the day we watched him graduate from basic training, too. And, I'm wearing it today.

Thanks to all the birthparents out there who given people like me the greatest gift imaginable, the gift of a son or daughter.

Thanks for letting me talk about this a bit. Can you tell that I'm missing my sweet son today?

Lynn

OMG . . . DS just called me from Afghanistan a minute ago!! That was so great to talk with him! That was my gift :~)

Comments (18)