SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momtothree_gw

Is Hanover Hills Hardwoods produced by Mohawk?

momtothree
14 years ago

I visited a Carpet One showroom and saw that they sold Hanover Hills hardwoods. After further research, I found out this is strictly sold at Carpet One stores. While looking online last night, I noticed that Mohawk had the exact same flooring with the same names. I thought that was strange. This morning I went to the Carpet One here and asked info about Hanover Hills since we can't find any info or reviews for the brand. He said it is made by a "bigger" company and then they change the name and make it an exclusive to Carpet One Stores under the Hanover Hills name. Does anyone know if this is true?

Comment (1)

• boxers
    14 years ago

I worked for Mohawk and they do buy all their flooring from outside mills. Most companies operate that way. Shaw doesn't own any lumbber mills. Private label is the norm in flooring so Cpt one has a different name from HD, Lowes, Flooring America etc etc. Mohawk carpets can be branded under many different names. Its not ususual at all but it does makes 'shopping' much more difficult.
    Carpet one does offer some unique warranties that other stores don't so there are advantages to buying from them though I doubt they will be the 'cheapest.'