SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheesharee

Old Lotions and Body Sprays

Sheeisback_GW
14 years ago

Anyone else have a ton sitting on a shelf somewhere?

I was in a serious clean out mode tonight and went through and purged a bunch of my "stuff". Clothes, old nail polish, etc. Got to my box of lotions and body sprays (yeah they're literally in box on the one closet floor. Shows how much I use them.) and after digging around decided I was done for the night.

Some of are years old. Most are from Bath and Body Works and VS. I just have too many to use. The body sprays have a better chance than the lotions. I have my fav. perfumes that I wear on a regular basis. I don't think the lotions do much for moisturizing and honestly once on the smells usually start to gag me after awhile. Don't even get me started on shower gels. I use Dove soap, the original white bar, and that's it. Never been a fan of gels.

About a year ago I got rid of a large bag and gave them to DH's cousin. I just don't know what to do with them. I can't seem to bring myself to throw them out. Some of the labels on the bottles are dingy but the lotion still looks fine. I also can't bring myself to throw them in the thrift store bag. Do they even carry that in the those stores? I would never buy someones used lotion. I guess it shouldn't be gross if it's still in the bottle but I don't know how old it is etc. Ew.

Seems to be the generic quick gift. At least where I live. A candle or some lotion or spray. I know it's the thought that counts.

I have a bunch of little ones I could regift but I don't know anyone who actually uses that stuff anymore. I did love it in high school and even my early 20s. Plus, if I hate the scent I can't bring myself to give it to someone else (unless I know they like it). Moonlit Path from Bath and Body is one example. The stuff just gags me.

So what do you do?

Comments (21)