SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flyingflower

I'm fed up with Craigstlist no-shows!

flyingflower
14 years ago

I keep getting stood up by people who make appointments and never show up. Even after I ask them to PLEASE contact me if they change their mind they don't do it! Is this unconsious, rude, inconsiderate behavior like that everywhere or just here in CA? It doesn't happen every time but definitely more often than I think it should, I'd say about half the time.

I'm getting to the point where I don't trust anyone who contacts me expressing interest. I immediately wonder how this flake plans to waste my time. Adding words like "serious inquiries only" to the ad could be asking for trouble, baiting them to jerk you around because you've expressly said you don't want that.

What clues do you look for in their email that tell you this isn't worth persuing, how do you weed them out? Do you email them a couple times to test how serious they are and what do you say? DH says I give out our address too quickly, I should string them along a couple emails to see how committed they are. So I tried his technique and still the person failed to show up!

Comments (13)