SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

I'm so excited!

User
13 years ago

My aunt and uncle from WA state are flying in for an visit in a couple of weeks! This is completely unexpected. I know we shouldn't have "favorites" but she's my fav. aunt. She's the aunt I spent the most time with her growing up. She met my uncle online many, many years ago they eventually met, got married, and she moved out there with him. I was in my early teens and so sad when she left. I only made it out once to visit (with DH back when we were still dating) and they've make quite a few trips back for a week at a time.

Apparently her cousin is paying for their tickets because there's some get together she really wanted them attend and money's tight for my aunt and uncle right now.

Usually when they come in they stay with my grandparents (her Mom and Dad) but since it's short notice my Grammy is about half panicked. They have a bunch of other stuff going on this month and she was half freaking out.

SOoooo.... we're getting another bed from future SIL because she and BIL are combining houses and we'll have it before they come in. They'll be staying with us! :)

I'll have to still work (I'm back full time - which is good) but I'm going to take a few days off.

I really need to get one of the spare rooms clean out though. Right now it's a catch all. A very cluttered, catch all. I also need to clean off my front porch. I've been putting that off all spring/summer.

I'm just so excited. Family has always been very important to me and ever since DH's Pap passed away in the Spring (never had to do the funeral thing before that) I've been trying to make a point to see everyone even more. The day my Grandparents aren't around will be a very sad day for me.

I'm taking Grammy to a big antique place this Saturday and am excited about that too.

Thanks for listening to my rambles. We've never had any overnight guests so any advice so I'm not forgetting anything is appreciated.

:D

Comments (12)