SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
loves2read

new carpet for house that will be on market

loves2read
12 years ago

We are almost done with remodel of our home that will go on the market in less than a year--our son will be living there for while...

we are recarpeting LR, upstairs game room, stairs, 3 bedrooms and dining room...we considered changing the DR and tiled entry to wood but frankly we have already overspent our budget...

we don't want to buy top of the line carpet obviously--

frankly I know that frieze is the popular look but I was thinking that a closed loop Berber or something with a shorter pile in a texture pattern might hold up better...I think vaccuuming frieze would be a pain but I don't have it..

the LR has a definite traffic pattern to bedrooms and upstairs...

I am so tired of researching and shopping...

I know that a better pad is usually a cheap way to improve feel/wear of less expensive carpet and have done some searching on this forum = but most people are buying for themselves and are picking better quality for long wear cycle...we aren't going to benefit from that

we prefer not to go to a big box store because of the problem with installation--

we know two people who work at different flooring stores in the area--one is husband of someone I taught with and one is girl our daughter played softball with--

the guy came out to measure several weeks ago but we just have not followed up

now the house is about done we need to pick the carpet and schedule the install...

would it be good idea to choose less heavy style(expensive) for bedrooms vs LR/stairs/game room where there is more traffic/use

the LR and the stairs are in same room but I had the stair landing tiled and the LR floor is dropped a foot--so they are not on same level--I could see doing separate type of carpet for stairs and up-staris game room even...

can anyone suggest some brands/styles that would be good quality for reasonable price...

what benchmarks--like texture retention-weight--density should we look for

can you get "Stainmaster" carpet cheap enough to make it worth considering...

Comments (4)