SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Pics from our trip to Switzerland

Sueb20
12 years ago

We just got home yesterday. We had an amazing trip. We stayed in 3 locations: Geneva, Interlaken, and Zurich. From Geneva, we took day trips to Chamonix and Annecy and Lausanne. We visited Bern (in 100 degree heat) for a couple of hours on our way from Geneva to Interlaken. From Interlaken, we visited the top of Jungfrau, Grindelwald, Thun, Murren, and Lauterbrunnen. And we stayed in Zurich for just one night before we came home. Highlights for me were Annecy and Murren. DH's favorites were Chamonix (because he and DS#1 went to the top of Mont Blanc -- DS#2 is afraid of heights so I stayed behind with him and DD) and Lauterbrunnen. Every place we visited was beautiful. Here are some pics!

In Geneva we stayed at the Four Seasons, in Interlaken we were at the Victoria Jungfrau, and in Zurich we stayed at the Baur Au Lac. All fancy schmancy (DH's company paid for a good portion of this trip -- gift for 20th anniv.) but the VJ in Interlaken felt like a HoJos' compared wirh the wonderful service and friendliness we experienced at the other two hotels. Also, we were at the VJ during a heat wave, there was no AC, and there were parties late at night on the lawn under our hotel room. That was my only complaint about the whole 12-night trip. The hotel in Zurich was the nicest hotel I have ever seen. It was stunning, and the service was fantastic.

Pics from the hotels:

4 Seasons -- I didn't take many, but here is a shot of the exterior and a couple from the interior.

The Victoria Jungfrau. Stunning interior, not so friendly service until, oddly, the last day we were there. They had the best breakfast buffet I have ever seen, though, including champagne!

The Baur Au Lac in Zurich.

And some other pictures!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH