SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poppy3212

Any way to bring down shine on repair patch?

poppy3212
9 years ago

We had our white oak floors refinished last week. They missed a spot about 3" x 3" in the front hall. They came back, sanded the area, making it larger but is now about a 6" x 8" rectangular shape covering the width of two boards instead of an irregular shape. It came out very shiny. They came back, said they didn't know what happened, it never happened before. I asked them if there was just some way to knock back the shine some to blend in with the rest of the floor. I suggested going over it lightly with 0000 steel wool. They said no they had to sand and reapply. They assured us it would match perfectly and not show. So now it is a longer shiny rectangle. At least it now goes to the wall on one side.

There is also an area in the upstairs hallway that is full of bubbles. They insisted it was dust from our air conditioner and not their fault. Two other people looked at it and said was bubbles. I think the only way to fix that is to redo the who hallway. We can't redo the floors as we are getting ready to put the house on the market in a couple of weeks,

Is there a way we can knock back the shine to better blend in with the rest of the floor. We don't want them doing anything more to the floor. Would going over them lightly with 0000 steel wool do it without making it look scratched up? Also are there any ways to minimize the bubbles without redoing the whole hallway?

Thank you for your help.

Comments (4)