Pennies

mnsara

I have recently lost my husband in April. October 16 would be our 4 year anniversary, and yesterday was his mothers surprise 60th birthday party. It is so hard to be around his brothers especially days that are supposed to be happy. Especially with the coming holidays. I've been told that my husband is "still around". It wasn't until last night that my father in law mentioned that he was there. To get to my point, this morning I woke up and realized that there was a penny on the floor, close to where my head lies. I've always noticed random pennies around the house but especially my room. Has anyone else noticed anything like this before. I know of the pennies from heaven, but am I just trying to find them now?

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sylviatexas1

I'm so sorry you lost your dear husband.

If his dad says he's "still around", I'd probably accept the pennies as a memento of his love.

The pennies you've found before...
who knows?

Maybe they're just pennies, or maybe you've been visited by someone else dear to you & you just didn't pick up on it.

I never have had the experience, but others here will doubtless chime in;
this forum sometimes is slow, so don't lost heart.

Save    
alisande

I thought "pennies from heaven" were a fun little legend until I started receiving them. Do a search on this forum, and you'll find one or more long message threads on the subject. I have no doubt pennies from heaven are real; it must have something to do with the metal they're made of.

Oh, and check the dates on your pennies. Sometimes they're wonderfully relevant!

Save    
Ninapearl

i am so very sorry for your loss.

in the 8 years since i lost the love of my life, i have found (or maybe it's THEY have found ME) many, many pennies from heaven. i have a little basket in my living room where i put them. :)

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
DIY Projects Reinvent It: Penny for Your Thoughts on This Antiqued Table?
Let's take it from the top. Make over a routine table with pennies and antiquing for a unique new look
Full Story
Materials 6 Spot-on Places to Use Penny Tiles
You’ll flip for these coin-shaped wall and floor tiles in bright colors, subtle neutrals and even clear glass
Full Story