SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monkeyface_gw

Anyone out there?

monkeyface
14 years ago

I joined this forum because I am looking to connect with people who can relate to my situation. I lost my mom to cancer in February, I lost my dad in a car accident almost twenty years ago when I was ten. My mom was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer and died three and a half weeks later. We cared for her at home and she died in my arms. I went to a support group and appreciated the space to openly grieve without frieking people out but as I looked around the room I realized how young I am to be in this situation. I'm about to turn thirty and I don't have parents. In my deepest moments of self pity I realize that I am an orphan. I have a lot of supportive, loving friends that I am so thankful for but I don't know anyone who can really relate to what I'm going through. My sister and my brother are grieving in a very different way and I know I won't find other people that have the same exact situation as me but I just thought I'd put it out there. I've posted once before but didn't really write what I was thinking. I can't seem to articulate it all very well. There is just a lot of sadness and I continue to search for things that will help. Thanks for "listening".

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor