SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vernbrad44

Stay Away from Price Fit Flooring

vernbrad44
16 years ago

I purchased Santos Mahogany flooring (solid planks, supposedly select quality). I continue to have very bad experiences with John Cooper of Price Fit Flooring. Although he pretends to not be the owner, whenever I was able to get someone on the phone, it was him that answered. Before I purchased the flooring, I specifically was told it would be select quality or better. This was important to me because I had alredy purchased excellent quality Santos Mahogany flooring from a local business. Unfortunately, they were not able to get more from me. So, I shopped around, compared what I thought were like products and made the decision to buy from Price Fit Flooring out of Brooklyn, New York. After less than 2 weeks, the product was deliverd and immediately ready to be installed in my home.

I attach the pictures of the terrible quality wood I received. I purchased 800 square feet with some 50 or so thrown in free. Well, we have not been able to use it because even in a 12x12 room, the installers could not get 2 rows laid. There were so many problems with the wood that I could not believe it. Even in opening random boxes, each box had ends that would not fit together at the tongue and groove, they would not but together side by side, the top surface was beveled and unfinished on edges, were split in the tongue and groove, were warped so did not lie flat on the floor. As this was supposed to be a glue down floor, it is unusable. I have called John Price many times but he is not answering my calls. When I have people in other area codes call, he might answer. Of course I can not make him return my money but I am filing a complaint with the New York Attorney General in hopes that he can help me get my $3500 plus back.

Here is the link to my slideshow of the pictures. Yes, I did purchase Santos Mahogany flooring. I had a very bad experience with John Cooper of Price Fit Flooring. I attach the pictures of the terrible quality wood I received. I purchased 800 square feet with some 50 or so thrown in free. Well, we have not been able to use it because even in a 12x12 room, the installers could not get 2 rows laid. There were so many problems with the wood that I could not believe it. Even in opening random boxes, each box had ends that would not fit together at the tongue and groove, they would not but together side by side, the top surface was beveled and unfinished on edges, were split in the tongue and groove, were warped so did not lie flat on the floor. As this was supposed to be a glue down floor, it is unusable. I have called John Price many times but he is not answering my calls. When I have people in other area codes call, he might answer. Of course I can not make him return my money but I am filing a complaint with the New York Attorney General in hopes that he can help me get my $3500 plus back.

Here is the link to the photos of the wood:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10151155@N04/show/

I have called John no less than 20 times to get answers from him. Undoubtedly, he is screening my calls. My advice is do not use this company. Screen, google, and question others about any internet company you are interested in makeing a purchase from.

Comments (2)