Feathers?

mav63_2007

I have heard and read on this page that if you find a feather it is from you loved one telling you that they are around.

My husband's ashes are on a sideboard in my livingroom. Several months ago I found a white feather on the floor just three feet in front of the sideboard, I was really happy because there is nothing with feathers in my house. I put it in the box. This morning I found a tan colored feather right on the furniture next to the box.

I have a down jacket which is put away for the summer but down is not the same thing. My bed pillow is feather and down but that is in the bedroom and inside of two covers and two pillow cases. HOW is this happening????

I have always been a sceptic but now I am so excited because I now truly believe that my DH is telling me he is with me.

Has anyone else experienced this???

Some people say pennies but you can pick them up in parking lots all day long.

SaveComment10Like
Comments (10)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sylviatexas1

I'm intrigued by this.

Being a little skeptical my own self, I'd look for a logical cause;
chimney?
open windows without screens/birds' nests on the porch?

If I couldn't find a logical cause, then I'd take the feathers as a gift from hubs.

What a nice thing to happen!

Save    
mav63_2007

I have wracked my brain trying to figure this out but I have no explanation. No chimney, no open windows or doors. The tan one had to be floating in the air to land on the sideboard, plus it wasn't there half an hour before.I am convinced that it was Bob, who is probably saying "she finally gets it".

Thank you baby.

Save    
vala55

I am also a skeptic, you need to see if there are feathers outside being tracked in by you or a pet.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Save    
Ninapearl

mav, you would probably throw a net over me if i told you of all the signs i have had from my deceased husband over the last 2.5 years. it certainly does sound to me like bob is letting you know he is watching over you.

my pile of pennies is so big, i could be close to retirment soon! it isn't just finding a penny, it's HOW and WHERE you find them. without fail, every single penny i have found since gary's death appeared when i was having an especially bad day and i NEEDED to hear from him. i have kept every single one of them.

if you aren't convinced about "signs" yet, here's my very favorite one...weeks before gary died, he made me promise i would get the great dane he knew i had always wanted. i applied to rescue, when they brought ashley to my home to meet me, i asked gary to give me a sign that he approved of her. the first thing i saw was this...

now, see that broken heart on her butt? if that wasn't a sign, i don't know what is!!! you would have had to have known gary. he had 150# of "canvas" to work with and he put his sign right on her BUTT. that's my guy! :D

it isn't just a heart, it's a broken heart. it's my broken heart because i lost him too soon and it's his broken heart because he had to leave me behind.

Save    
lynn_d

Ninapearl, your post just took my breath away and brought tears. If there are any skeptics after seeing that then nothing will change their minds.

Save    
mav63_2007

Nina,
Your dog is beautiful and I hope you can love her for many years.
That net would have to be big enough for both of us because I have had many "visits" from my DH in all different forms. Yes, people can say 'you see what you want to see' but so what! I love the the signs I get and they make me feel good that I think he is watching over me and our family. I know he never wanted to leave me all alone and I think this his way of showing me that he really didn't.

Save    
Ninapearl

lynn, when i spotted ashley's heart, i burst into tears. poor steve (the rescue guy) didn't know what to think! when i told him why i was weepy, he almost cried, too!

thanks, mav. ashley is a real cuddler, just like gary was. if i had placed a custom order for a dog, she is exactly what i would have wanted. a few people discouraged me and thought i should wait for a younger dane but my connection with her was instant, for obvious reasons. ;)

are you keeping a journal? i have a little book i keep on my fireplace mantle next to my ever-growing pile of pennies. every time i get a sign, i make a note of it. oftentimes, i will read through it. it gives me comfort in a very special way.

Save    
lydia1959

I'm usually over at the Kitchen Table, but stumbled in here tonight. There is a wonderful book called "Hello From Heaven" written by Bill and Judy Guggenheim. It tells of ways that our deceased loved ones contact us.

I'm skeptical too, but sometimes things are just "too" much of a coincidence to dismiss or maybe they just defy logic (like finding feathers where they shouldn't be). Some people get pennies. Others get dimes, ladybugs, butterflies or maybe they often see a special date or initials over and over again. My friend that passed usually sends his name to let me know he is around. It always makes me feel special and loved.

Ninapearl, your story is wonderful. Ashley is a beauty! Broken heart and all. :-)

Save    
sewluv2

Mav: I have found feathers at the cemetery where I visit our late son's
grave. I thought it was odd since it was late Fall, the time of year when
birds don't shed feathers. For that reason alone I gathered them up
brought them home and placed them in a clear plastic jar.

The thought never occurred to me that Feathers could be a sign from our
loved ones.

I'm sure glad I brought them home.

Save    
mav63_2007

Sewluv2; I want to share this with you and everyone, it was on a calendar from last year.

October's leaves of burnished gold
are falling to the ground
and if you see white feathers too,
the angels are around.

I know my angel is.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides On Trend: Feather Decor Makes Rooms Soar
Bring lightness and a breath of nature to your walls and home decor with feather art, accessories and wall treatments
Full Story
Decorating Guides Feathers for Your Nest
Enjoy the natural beauty of dropped feathers in casual collections around the house
Full Story
Gardening Guides Great Design Plant: Partridge Feather
Set your garden aloft with the silvery-white color of partridge feather's foliage even as this evergreen's tough nature keeps you grounded
Full Story