SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
threedgrad

Well, I think I have a job

threedgrad
14 years ago

I called the two places where I interviewed 1 1/2 weeks ago. The first place was the furniture store. During the interview I had asked the manager if he could let me know one way or another if I got the job. I had not heard from him. Just before I dialed, I told myself to assume I did not get the job or even a chance for a 2nd interview. I called and the manager answered the phone. He informed me that they were starting the 2nd interviews but I would not be one of them. So that's out. Then I called the Remodeling place where the manager also answered. At first, he did not remember my name when I said it. This is the straight commission job with no gas money. If I make a lot of sales I do have the opportunity to make a good amount of money. No sales, no money.

Well, this manager did then remember me once I reminded him that he had told me that training was to start June 16th. He said the time will be at 9am and he will see me then. He did ask for my phone number.

Training only pays like $7.50 or so an hour and only 3-4 hours a day. So I guess I have the job but I am not sure I can handle being too far from a bathroom for any length of time.

Meanwhile, I will keep applying other places but I will take this job until something better shows up.

Thanks again for everyone's prayers, good wishes and advice.

Anyone need their kitchen cabinets refaced and / or new countertops including granite? LOL.

Thanks again!!! Wish me luck!!!

Comments (40)

• awm03
    14 years ago

Eileen, you have a wonderful eye for design. You're sensible about design on a budget, and a nice person too. I'm sure you'll sell many people on the strength of your ideas and personality. I hope your new job is a great success for you, and fun and interesting to boot.

• lucillle
    14 years ago

You have been so persistent, I am hoping that this modest beginning will be the 'toe in the door' on the way for better things for you. congrats on the job!

• Related Discussions

I think I'm gonna do it.... (I think I can... I think I can)

Q

Comments (21)
    Glo - Thanks for reassuring me! I hope your move is awesome! My husband has wanted to move us to Colorado for years and hasn't managed to quite convince me yet, although I think it's absolutely wonderful there. LOL So, Winter Solstice is the same everywhere? (LOL)... I guess you're seeing how little I know... Nancy - Thanks for the tip! I am gonna have to watch the lead hand myself as I way oversowed my cantaloupes this fall. The poor babies are fighting each other and giving me 2 to 5 inches fruits that don't look like they're EVER going to full ripen. I will be much more careful in the future. I'll try to not get TOO excited when I go to plant. LOL Carrie - Wow! That's some really good info. That's exactly the kind of thing I was worried about. I'm grateful for the heads up. Liz - LIZ!!! Hey, girl! Fancy meeting you here and there and now here! hee hee... The whole last paragraph of what you wrote is exactly what is concerning me. I know that I personally wear shorts through-out almost the whole winter except for those few crazy days that we see. 50's or what have you is not cold to me... We do get the occasional freeze, but then a week or two later at most you could have a 70+ degree high! All this in the same few days / weeks / months... it's SO crazy! Oh, and if they're having a plantswap around the 8th of December as well, I sure want to know as I'll be out that way. :-) Blessings, Angela
    ...See More

I think I finally have it... what do you think?

Q

Comments (6)
    Yes, GE Cafe matches much better, but having compared them side by side, the Samsung is much nicer and seems sturdier. Gets much better reviews as well. Samsung is at least a closer look than the Kitchen Aid fridge I first looked at. . . As for Bosch, I like the size of KA better, gets solid reviews, liked it in the store, and use one now that is terrific. Thanks!
    ...See More

I think i'm messing up my paint job. Advise? (Pics)

Q

Comments (7)
    I'm so happy you like the color! Thank you. Unfortunately, i don't have an answer for you. I got my can of touch-up by taking a little piece of the wall (a piece was cut out to put in an outlet) to Miller Paint. They did the little wiz-bang-boom color match thing, and that's what came up. They filled a can with the match. Admittedly, when this home was built, i was completely ignorant about the different character and quality to paint (if only i were a GardenWeb member then!). I'm guessing the builder cut corners and used an inexpensive paint, since they did cut many corners in other ways. I know that's no help at all. But thank you for the compliment. It's so nice to hear.
    ...See More

Well, at least I still have a job

Q

Comments (11)
    Jay, I know exactly how you feel. I'm a mortgage banker working for a small bank. Yesterday, the news was existing home sales down 27%, today, the indicator was new home sales which dropped about 14%. A few weeks back, I think it was the Fair Issac corporation, the credit score people, put out a press release stating that 25% of the population now has a credit score of 599 or less. Our absolute minimum allowable score is 620, so 25% of the poplulation is an automatic NO. It's tough to build a profitable model around numbers like those. I worry about my job every single day. Unfortunately, my timeline is currently measured in years, not months. Six more years of mandated child support, then it will just shift from going to their mom to going directly to them as I'm sure they will be struggling to find jobs in our wonderful economy. After the child support drops, then I have to play catch-up and get a house paid in full. Divorce was a huge setback and it's a constant struggle. If I loose my job, I'm doomed. Middle-aged guy out on the street competing with young, good looking, energetic graduates and hundreds of thousands of other displaced bankers. Not good. But, you deal with it. You get up every morning and you pull up those socks and tie that necktie and head out the door and just do the best danged job you can. You sound like you have a solid plan. And you sound like a can-do person. You'll make it! And when you get up here, maybe we can run into each other. Best wishes friend. Scott
    ...See More
  • threedgrad
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you very much. I hope this works out.

• golddust
    14 years ago

I hope this at least opens a door for you. I am a bit concerned about the bathroom situation but you know better than me what you are up to doing.

I hope it works out. There is not a more deserving person around, Eileen.

• threedgrad
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Gold so very much. I am thinking that if the appts are closer to my house I will be stopping home to use the bathroom. I may have to figure out a schedule to decide when and what to eat.

I found a website where there are many people who have gone through what I have gone through. One gal had her rectum and most of her colon removed 10 years ago. The doctor had told her that over time her lower colon would learn to hold more and more stool so she would become closer to normal. She said it never happened. She has to go the bathroom 20 plus times a day and she has to carefully watch what she eats. So even though the doctor said encouraging words to me there is a chance I may never become normal again, at least not in the bathroom department.
    I will continue looking for a more regular job even when I start this job. Thanks again.

• funkyart
    14 years ago

I guess I am going to be the little black rain cloud here but I am not comfortable with the fact that he didnt recognize your name and had to ask for your phone number-- that on top of the fact that this is straight commission.

Finding a job IS a fulltime job in the best of times-- in the current economy, the best jobs are even harder to find because the job pool is larger. All the time you spending going to in-home sales calls (where you may not receive any compensation) is time not spent sending out resumes, reworking your resume or interviewing.

Please think about your options-- I understand that you need to pay your bills and rent but if you are being literal when you say it is straight commission, this is not a guaranteed check.

I wish you luck in finding a secure and satisfying position.

• threedgrad
    Original Author
    14 years ago

funky, that's why I am going to continue to keep looking for a job that pays a good salary or hourly wage with benefits because you are right, a straight commission job is not dependable. I will take the job but not stop my search for something better. Plus I will have hours at Dillards, not many hours but some. And I can still get unemployment if I am not getting any money from this commission job.
    This is not my dream job. It's just something to do while I look for a better one. The sales training will be worth going through. It's always good to improve one's skills. Plus I do want to know more about the products available.

I am not super excited about this job at all; it's a lot of work for nothing if I do not make a sale. I am well aware of the black cloud hovering over this job. If something much better came up, I would have not trouble telling this place, sorry, it's not working out. Thanks.

• mrsmarv
    14 years ago

"And I can still get unemployment if I am not getting any money from this commission job."

Are you certain? I would call unemployment and make sure that is fact. Just saying...funky has given you some very sound advice. I wish you the best of luck. Keep plugging and soomething better will come up.

• valzone5
    14 years ago

I'm looking for a job too - it's pretty frustrating isn't it. Just wanted to echo mrsmarv and suggest you check into the rules for unemployment. My partner was receiving benefits, and accepted a commission-only job, figuring he could still draw benefits as a back-up, but they cut off his insurance because technically he's not available to work, since he's already working. I'm in Canada, so the rules would be different, but definitely inquire before you commit to the job, and to spending your own money to drive around to people's homes.

Best of luck to you.

• theroselvr
    14 years ago

Eileen, can't you get disability while you are going through this? It doesn't pay much, not sure if it pays as much as unemployment but from things you've been posting, you do not sound well enough to work yet. How is your body going to heal when you have all of this stress?

I don't doubt this is contributing to your having to use the bathroom. You have had too much stress; I know some of it can't be avoided; but looking for a job should not be on your plate right now.

While you haven't posted the name of this company; have you done any googling to make sure it is legit?

As far as the web site.. I don't remember what forum I was on, might have been citydata, someone posted a great blog link where the blogger was going through the same thing.

• threedgrad
    Original Author
    14 years ago

well, I am going to keep looking for a job. I will check into the unemployment too. Thanks.

• squirrelheaven
    14 years ago

I know. Maybe I should just eat a banana for lunch or maybe just a couple of them for dinner. I do take vitamins. I still want to lose another 10 lbs. Plus once I eat the bowels start moving. Sorry to be so graphic. It's just not comfortable being worried the whole time I am sitting there whether or not I am going to have an accident.

Conversation side material. That will change down the road, right? Isn't there a bag you can wear under your clothes, just in case? House calls could be tough with that situation.

• threedgrad
    Original Author
    14 years ago

No, squirrel, this may never change. I may regain control or I may not. I had about 8 inches of my rectum and colon removed. This is the part that absorbs the water from the waste. The ileostomy bag I used to have is now gone (that attached to a loop of the small intestine that the surgeon had moved to outside of body) - thanks to 2nd surgery. Now I have a 2 inch scar that I am applying Merderma on every day - works nicely, BTW. Plus I am now missing the inner most rectal muscles and "holding it" is extremely difficult and many times impossible. If I eat or drink fruits or veggies, which stimulate the colon, I may be at the toilet non-stop. I have not yet found a workable diet. Maybe just potatoes, toast, bananas, stuff like that. Orange juice or ice cream create an absolute disaster. So I will have to give up a lot of foods. Many people who have had this cancer and surgery have had to do the same thing regarding food and toilet habits. One guy said he would stop eating at least 4 hours before he had to take a car ride. So no eating before work or at lunch. Eat only once you are at home near a toilet. Plus this sales job has almost all the appts at 6pm or later meaning I may not get home to eat until 10pm.

That's why I am starting to think this job will not work at this time in my life. If I regain control, then maybe I can be away from the bathroom, but now, it is not working. It's kind of depressing, you know? I am now a Depends gal, even though I am am perfectly healthy looking. I am so glad I have lost weight and I think that when I lose more that will aide me and I can be more successful working out and such. I have to start thinking about some jobs where I can work from home. I just applied for a part time CAD job where they want you to have your own software - I do - and work from home. If I had a couple of part time jobs I could survive, I think.

Thanks for moving this over here.

• squirrelheaven
    14 years ago

I know someone, also young, who has a condition that leaves her in the same situation. I could swear she has a bag or something for accidents. Her condition doesn't stem from actual digestive problems, so there wouldn't be a part of her system outside of her body. Maybe I just didn't understand what I was told. It's hard to believe that there isn't a work-around though, as it has got to be a fairly common problem.

Too bad you won't be able to get back to a really healthy diet. I've tried Ally and xylitol sweetener and they both can have that disastrous effect. I didn't know what was going on. Very embarrassing, even when alone! It can be very sudden without warning.

The CAD job sounds perfect for now.

• squirrelheaven
    14 years ago

Here's a link to what Kaopectate is. It's an OTC product that I'm familiar with from my family's household. It looks to be directed at bacteria, but as a clay-like substance, it might also just absorb some of the excess water, in your case. Might want to ask your doctors, though I'm sure they would have mentioned such a remedy!

Surprised you can eat bananas. Metamucil is another fiber product that vets say can block their patients up, if given too much. Maybe that could also absorb excess water.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kaopectate - OTC

• threedgrad
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast is the BRAT diet which is good for not upsetting the digestive system. Bananas are also low residue so they do not create too much waste. Plus bananas have potassium which is absorbed into the body mostly when the food passes through the colon. When I had the ileostomy bag, I was not using my colon at all and together with the chemo which also causes diarrhea as does the ileostomy, I had many times when my potassium was too low. One time they put me in the hospital because my heart was racing due to low potassium. One I was hydrated again and I took potassium in the hospital via IV, my heart rate went back to normal. I never felt pain or tightness or any heart symptoms. I just felt exhausted and out of breath and light headed.

Before I was diagnosed I knew NONE of this stuff.

I have taken Metamucil but with orange juice - that tasted ok but did not help at all since the orange juice causes diarrhea.

Thanks for your advice.

• lucillle
    14 years ago

I wanted to mail you a note about social security disability info but couldn't find your email address.

• theroselvr
    14 years ago

Lucille, you should be able to contact Eileen through her care page - you're able to leave a private message to her.

That's what I was thinking, she should qualify for social security disability plus medicare. I don't know if she could survive on what it pays ($800) but it might be enough right now.

• threedgrad
    Original Author
    14 years ago

SSI does not pay much at all plus you have to not be able to work for a year or more - I will read up on it though

My rent is more than the SSI

I am already on Medicaid which is the state insurance. But I only got back on that because of a large medical bill - they had cancelled me in April because the unemployment paid more than what was allowed by the insurance

• theroselvr
    14 years ago

Oh, I know SSI/D doesn't pay much.. it's horrible.
    If I could work I would. I never had a really high paying job but made a lot more then that. lol Unfortunately, some months it doesn't even pay for my medications. I also have part B, they won't cover either.

Technically, haven't you been out of work about a year?
    I would think you qualify, especially now that you have the "bathroom issue". How does someone work like that?

I would look into it. Who knows you might qualify for more then what I get.

• threedgrad
    Original Author
    14 years ago

no, I have had my part time job at Dillards the whole time except for when I was in the hospital or recovering from surgery
    I will look into SSI though. Thank you!!

• threedgrad
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well, I made it through Day 4 and we are supposed to finish up training tomorrow - Saturday. Well, my gas light came on before I even got there this morning and the gauge had moved to almost the last line by the time I got home. I have $1.82 in my bank account which I told my boss yesterday. I realized as I was driving home that I won't be able to drive 50 miles tomorrow on an empty gas tank. I called the office when I got home but no one answered the phone. The message said the hours are Mon-Fri 7:30am to 4:30pm. I left a message but maybe no one will check the messages until Monday morning. I will try to call tomorrow morning but again even if they are there - my boss and my fellow trainees - they probably won't pick up that phone or receive those messages. So there is a chance my boss will think I have quit. I could take a series of buses to get down there but one way is $2.50 or $3.75 depending which routes plus it's at least 2 hours of bus travel (45 minutes driving local roads, 30 minutes freeway).
    My unemployment money arrives late Monday night via debit card or Tuesday morning.
    I emailed the recruiter who had contacted me last month and asked him to pass on my message.

Hope you have a good weekend all!!

• IdaClaire
    14 years ago

Oh, dear! I'm so glad that you didn't run out of gas and find yourself stranded by the side of the road! What will happen with the job if you aren't able to attend the training session tomorrow? I'm so sorry that things are difficult right now. I really admire you for making such an effort in pursuing this job. After all you've been through, you still keep pushing forward, and you seem so positive. I know that everything will work out for the best in the days and weeks to come, in one way or another.

• threedgrad
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Jen, I hope someone will pick up the phone tomorrow morning. I will start calling about 8am and keep calling so maybe someone will finally pick it up.

All I can do is move forward. Going backwards or standing still does not get you anywhere, right?

Remember 6 people had been hired. We started training this past Tuesday. By lunch we were down to 5. Wednesday morning we lost the other woman. Thursday we lost #4 and were down to 3 which we still had today. So the fellas may think that they are down to 2 when I do not show up. But I will try to get a hold of the office tomorrow.

There is only one other saleswoman working at this office and like 6 or so other guys plus the 2 guys in training. Plus if I miss tomorrow, that's ok. I need the rest. I think I am working at Dillards on Sunday. Luckily, D is only 2 miles away, not 25 miles each way like the other place.

Thanks. You know, you are right, things will work out.

• marybeth1
    14 years ago

threedgrad I am so sorry for what you are going through right now and admire your perseverance! I have Multiple Sclerosis and an overactive bladder I could NEVER be away from a bathroom that long. I encourage you to look into disability. You did not ask for this and I know you would rather be working but you NEED AND DESERVE it now. It invoves allot of filling out forms but I'm sure you have documentation of what you have been through. It takes 6 months to get it so I would apply ASAP. Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Social Security

• threedgrad
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well, I called the office today starting at 8am. The boss answered at 8:15am. He gave me my co-worker's phone number who lives not far from me (we go to the same church even). I called the guy and although he was already on his way down the freeway, he turned around and came back to get me. We still arrived about 8:50am. We worked on pricing out a kitchen today. I have a lot of studying to do as far as learning the presentation and feeling comfortable saying all these words. As soon as our background checks come in, then we will go on ride alongs with the pros to see how they do it.

My air conditioning went out AGAIN - it was just fixed Thursday night. He charged my landlord over $450 to put in a new fan motor. He said he checked everything. It worked through Friday but must have stopped sometime during the afternoon because it was 80 in here when I got home. Now it is 90 degrees inside the house. I hope I get this fixed soon.

• threedgrad
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I found out that the products I would be selling have 3 levels - 100% wood door and veneer - cherry, maple and oak; a 5 piece miter cut mdf core wrapped in poly foil in wood look or solid colors; a one piece mdf core poly foil wrapped door. Soon there will be a bamboo door and veneer for the cabinets, a green product. That might be a nice choice to be able to offer customers for their kitchen. I did find out from Remodeling Magazine that the minor kitchen remodel has a 95.8% return, cost vs value, in the Phoenix market. That's the largest return in any of the remodeling categories.
    This company does not do floors, lighting, that kind of stuff. Just cabinet refacing and we can add a cabinet or two, move some a cabinet, new countertops including Corian some granites, silestone and laminate, some sinks and faucets. So that's cool. And the turn around time is pretty fast too.

Let's see if I can do it for a while but of course, i will keep looking for a regular job too.

Thanks everyone!!

• deborahnj
    14 years ago

I need to make one suggestion. I don't know if you signed a confidentiality agreement (you probably should have) but you really shouldn't be posting their selling practices and tactics here publicly on the internet. Some company's consider this to be confidential information. Just a gentle warning.

• threedgrad
    Original Author
    14 years ago

ok, I won't mention them again since I might not stay there anyway

• golddust
    14 years ago

Three, my niece has had a 'bag' since she was 12. (Crones.) She leads a very normal life and one would never suspect. How long do they suggest you go until a final decision is made? I don't claim to be an expert (since you've taught me most of what I know) but moving on with life and work in a hurry seems (to me) somewhat incompatible with your current medical goal. (You aren't Iron Woman.)

My niece leads a pretty darn normal life. She is now in her late 20's and eats most anything now. It's invisible to everyone and part of her life, just like brushing teeth. KWIM?

• threedgrad
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The doctor told me that most of his patients would rather never have the bag again even if it means they may have control issues. With the bag you never have control either and that could also leak or burst, heaven forbid.

So I will stay where I am now, just not eat before work or any car time.

Thanks.

• mrsmarv
    14 years ago

My ex-FIL (he's since departed at the ripe age of 84 last year) had a bag for over 40 years. The man was a physical marvel and no one, except his relatives and close friends, knew he had a bag. He learned to deal with it early on and it became part of his daily routine. He was in his early 40's when he first got it, and I know it didn't hinder him in exercising (he weight lifted), eating, recreation and sexual activity (TMI...LOL). He always said he wanted to lead as normal a life as possible and didn't want to be a slave to his bowels, which is why he opted for the bag. He ate what he wanted, went where he wanted to go, did what he wanted to do, and lived his life the way he wanted to and on his terms. I have to say that I admired him.

• daisyinga
    14 years ago

I've known people who had bags and did wonderfully.

But a friend of mine has cancer and may have to have a bag, and her doctors are doing all they can to keep her from that situation. They say she'll effectively be disabled if they go that route. I don't remember the details, but according to her doctors her quality of life will be much better if she can avoid the bag.

I think it may have something to do with how much colon they had to remove?

• tinam61
    14 years ago

I'm sorry your having these troubles Eileen. I hope that as time goes on, your body will adjust better.

Also, I don't think you ever mentioned the name of the company you are training with, so I don't see how your info could cause confidentiality problems. It sounds like you are working hard and learning alot during the training program.

Keep looking, I hope something that is better suited to your situation comes along. I think the CAD would be great for you. My hubby uses that some, it's pretty neat.

tina

• golddust
    14 years ago

Three,

I spend lot's of time with my niece and she's never had it leak in public. She is a school teacher so her bathroom time is limited. I've been around her since forever and the bag hasn't been a huge consideration for her diet or her life.

She's been hospitalized only two times since she got her bag and mostly, it's been attributed to her developmental age. She hasn't been in the hospital for years and leads a very active life.

But Crones isn't cancer (or Behcets), so I have no idea if her experience even relates to you. I just know her bag has given her the only chance at a normal life. I'm hoping for a normal life for you, too.

My first experience with an ileostomy has been much like Mrsmarv's . Quality of life returned to a 12 yo, thanks so much, God.

My second personal experience (Daniel) is yet to be seen. He's happy with his upgrade from the clear plastic surgical bag to a discreet covered bad that no one notices.

You are such a striver, three. There is so much to admire about you. I hope you do have a choice and I wish you were better situated so you could just focus on your medical goals with no other worries.

• threedgrad
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I am not going back to that bag, at least not any time soon. The surgeon said it could take a year or more to get more normalized. I have had leaks with the ileostomy bag, plus skin yeast infections, rawness on the skin. I got to the point that I absolutely hated it, hated it. Having part of my body sticking out made me feel like a freak. But I know I needed to have that in order to heal. I have to give my body a chance to see if it can become better. When I have been having problems it's because I have eaten the stuff that upsets my intestines like raw onion, ice cream, milk, other veggies. And then the problems start within an hour or two and last until things settle down or the system is empty. Plus I am out of immodium which I will buy this morning.
    I think I might have screwed up - I was supposed to have a phone interview with this office furniture sales rep yesterday at 1pm. Well, I went with the kitchen cabinet refacing salesperson to one of her appointments to observe. (After all that driving and talking, she did not make the sale and so received NO money for her efforts, not even gas money.) We were there from 10am to almost 2pm so I missed the call, I called back two different times that afternoon and left a message saying I could not get to the phone since I was driving at the time. (I know, a lie.) But this place has taken months to get back to me, very slow. Plus this is a phone interview so I am sure there would have to be at least one interview in person.
    I am going to keep looking for other opportunities maybe something close to home or even work from home, although almost all of those are scams. Off to the hunt!!

• fussy_chicken
    14 years ago

3DGrad/Eileen,
    I don't often post but have followed this thread and others that you have contributed to. I feel that you are trying so hard to make this work but is it possible that it is just not the right job at the right time? I have had some personal experience with trying to force something to happen when the time is not right. Only when I recognized that I could not control things, relaxed and let go, did things begin to move in the right direction for me. I know that you are person of great faith and I hope that you will slow down and listen to the gentle nudges that you are being given. Perhaps you are presently overcoming some hurdles with this job and all will settle down and be fine, but perhaps this is not the right job for you. When things just don't work out, there is usually a reason.

While I am butting in with my .02 (at least that!) I wonder if you have ever considered doing something in the medical field, particularly with patient contact? You seem to have a way of explaining complex issues in a clear, understandable way. Even on a message board you come across as being a kind, compassionate person and I think that people who are confused or afraid would be lucky to have your help. Whatever you puruse, I know you will do well.

• stinky-gardener
    14 years ago

Hi Threedgrad. I haven't had time to check in at GW for the last couple of weeks, but could stop in today for a bit. When I saw your thread I had to see what you were up to! You know I, like so many others, have followed your journey with great interest.

I was moved to reply because I thought Fussy Chicken's response was so right on, & so eloquently & beautifully expressed.

When you first posted about these 2 jobs, my gut feelings were not positive, but I didn't want to sound like a downer, or discourage you.

I DO believe you can do whatever you set your mind to, as I've said before, but as FC suggests, why swim against the tide? It may just sap your energy & keep you from what you really should be doing.

I also whole-heartedly agree with FC's assessment of your attributes. As she describes in her second paragraph, a role in the medical field or other "helping profession" would suit you well. You have a lot to offer others.

Keeping you in my prayers.

Peace be with you.

• threedgrad
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you ladies. I will add the medical type of customer care job to my search.

Oh, I know this job commission only job is NOT the right job. I know it is just a short term one. In fact, I don't even feel like studying the script I am supposed to know by the end the week. But I will.

Oh, I heard from the office furniture sales rep job place finally this morning after leaving two messages yesterday afternoon when I missed Kristy's call at 1:06pm. She called to say it is the company's policy that if you miss the call of the interview, you will not be rescheduled. Goodbye. So that shows me if this place is so intolerant about one phone call, how understanding would they be with any other issues you may have while working for them? I don't want to work for a place like that. They kept me hanging for months and when I missed the call but did call them back within the hour, they could not be bothered with me. That's bull.

I will continue to search for a job. The medical field would at least have good benefits, I would hope. I applied for a place at Mayo but they sent me a rejection email within a few days. There was a radio ad for a local hospital that has like 300 job openings - that's a bit scary too, isn't it?

Well, thanks so much for your support and compliments. God has a plan - He will show me the way. You ladies are the best!!!

• emagineer
    14 years ago

I haven't read the whole thread, so maybe this has been mentioned. But if you are applying on line, make sure your resume includes the words from the posted job description. A computer is used to scan resumes and will reject any without the right words. Change your resume constantly and also post it somewhere that can be accessed by employers.