SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brenda_md_gw

Bill Vincent or Others Regarding Casa Dolce Casa Italian Tile

brenda_md
14 years ago

Has anyone used Casa Dolce Casa porcelain tile on their floor, I am considering it for my sunroom? Is it a good quality tile and consistent in size and coloring? The reason I ask is that a few years ago I found a Casa Dolce Casa border/listello tile that I wanted to incorporate into my kitchen backsplash as it had a wonderful aged look to it that reminded me of the tiles in Pompeii. I used the store sample to find a coordinating wall tile. When I found the wall tile, I ordered the Casa Dolce Casa border tile and what I received was quite different in color from the store sample. I know dye lots on tile can vary, but I thought the difference in this tile was rather significant. Since I am now considering their LÂArgille tile in Terra Rosso, I would like to feel confident that the coloring will not be significantly different from the store samples, e.g., that the color wonÂt end up looking more orange or be considerably different in shading. Also, is their sizing consistent as I know there is a brand or two that Bill has complained about tile quality and size consistency?

Comments (11)

• rockybird
    14 years ago

I have casa dolce casa in two showers with the border in one shower. It is absolutely beautiful. I have the neutra series. I had to order new border tile as the first conractor messed up the shower and it had to be pulled out. I did not see any difference in coloring at all. We had to also order more tile which did differ in color slightly from the original tile, but I was warned beforehand this might be the case. I did not mind as the color difference was minor. Below is a link to a video of my parrot dancing in the shower. You can see some of the border and tile in it. I am very happy with the tile. The tile itself is very thick and heavy. I have never seen tile this thick!

Here is a link that might be useful: shower

• brenda_md
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Rockybird, thanks for the input as I do not find this tile that common in my area so there is not much information about it. I know what you mean about this tile being thick. By the way, I love your dancing bird!

• bill_vincent
    14 years ago

You'll find that Casa Dolce Casa tile is rather expensive. It is for a reason, It's one of the top porcelains in the world. As you've seen, it's a tough tile that you could drive a truck over....with a load on.....and ICE CHAINS.... and still not hurt it. :-)

Keep in mind that because it's such a tough porcelain, this may be one of those times when the installer might charge a little more for the installation.

• brenda_md
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for that info Bill. Based on your response, I assume you have worked with it. If so, have you ever found any issues with color quality/consistency?

• bill_vincent
    14 years ago

So long as you get your tile all from the same batch number, not a problem in the world. :-)

• brenda_md
    Original Author
    14 years ago

No argument with that statement Bill. However, because of my previous experience with the border tile, I do have concern with the floor tile we saw since this is a considerably more expensive adventure. I know color runs vary, but I am basing my purchase on the showroom sample. So again, can you shed some light on how much color varies among Casa Dolce Casa dye lots? I would love your honest opinion :)!

• bill_vincent
    14 years ago

I'll preface this by saying it's not that often I work with this tile-- maybe 4 or 5 times in as many years. But the times I have, the homeowners have been very satisfied with the color shading they received. I'm sorry that's a little ambiguous, but that's about the best I can do for you.

• beth
    14 years ago

We have had it on our lavatory floor for about four years, and it is excellent. I got a great price on it because it was a customer reject and was on sale since the color was not as ordered. Maybe your tile dealer would agree that if it is not as you expected, you don't have to accept delivery.

• PRO
    Avanti Tile & Stone / Stonetech
    14 years ago

I installed for a number of years in the Va-DC area. CDC is a VERY popular tile there. Yes, there is quite a bit of inherent variations of colour in the product, but it always seems to "Pull Together" beautifully. Just keep the same dye lot and you should have no trouble. I never had a client be anything but totally satisfied with the result.

• brenda_md
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Everyone, thanks for the additional feedback. Hopefully we will get our tile decision made shortly.

• stonehopper
    14 years ago

A word of caution to the installer, I just got stuck acid washing 200 pcs of Casa Dolce Casa porcelain tile. It had some sort of transfer from the coating on the back of the tile to the front that left a stain and would not come off without sulfamic acid and a scotch bright pad and lots of time. The manufacture and the distributor said it was normal and would do nothing to fix the problem, so as the installer I was stuck cleaning them. In my 20 years of setting tile I have never had this happen. Lesson learned with Casa Dolce Casa porcelain tile.

If you want to see a picture of it Google Natalini Tile And Stone and click on my Facebook page.

Here is a link that might be useful: Casa Dolce Casa Porcelain Tile