SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pinar_gw

black sea gellery do not buy from them

pinar
16 years ago

Ok, now that we are passed our one year anniversary with our couch saga at Blacksea Gallery, I have given up all hope that they will actually fix anything. I have in the past warned people on person, but I believe an online review is going to reach more people.

We have purchased a couch from Black Sea Gallery last year, Dec 26th or 27th, can't remember which. We purchased it from Ben and Keith at the Burlingame store and have been in touch with Keith ever since.

They claimed 6-8 weeks lead time and the couch arrived after 10 weeks. It was a custom sofa, as in we picked the upholstery fabrics at the store and it was all wrong. In fact, they sent us an exact replica of what they had in the store in terms of fabrics.

So, it got shipped back and Keith said they would expedite the manufacturing of the correct couch. Many phone calls and waiting around later we gave Keith one final call at the end of May, I believe, and told them, June 26th would be 6 months from the original purchase date and if there is no couch by then, we would like our money back.

The couch did arrive exactly then. It was all the right fabrics, however the feet were scratched and not stained properly. So, we told Keith about that and he said that he would get us extra feet to replace the other ones.

Ever since, we called Keith many times, often to hear excuses like "the factory didn't return his e-mail", "the factory is closed today, but he has to work, poor Keith", etc. When I told him, "obviously the factory doesn't return your calls, how about giving them a call and asking for who is responsible", I was blamed of not being calm and what not. He also asked me, "did I have a couch to sit on in my living room" implying, "you got your couch lady, what are you complaining?" I reminded him that we paid $2600 for the couch and for that much money, I could probably find many other objects to sit on.

We called other people in the corporate. They said it was Keith's responsibility and even gave me a "that Keith again!" type of feeling. After this, Keith called us back very apologetic at first, with promises, yet after a few months, there are still no feet.

The delay of the couch caused us to pick paint colors without the couch around and I think I would have gone for different shades, if the couch had been there, but am not going to repaint the room.

The further delay of the feet caused me too much stress having to remember to call Keith every other week to remind him of his job.

I am giving up.

So, the best thing I can do is to warn other people. This was the absolute worst customer service I have encountered, ever.

Be aware. If you really like something there, remind yourself, there are many other furniture stores that will have something similar. Do not waste your nerves.

Hope this helps!

Pinar

Comments (3)