SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
snickster

Rest Hdwr sale / Bari Lthr SofaSale Ends12/12/ Mon HELP please !

snickster
15 years ago

I made the post "Leather Sofa Purchase ( Quality?)" and have not yet received a response.

Restoration Hardware has a 20% off sale that expires Monday.

Bari Leather Furniture has a free shipping offer until the end of the year.

We dropped by a RH store on Friday 12/12 and found the Hamilton sofa which we really liked .The total for that sofa delivered is about $3500 . The Bari Sofa would be $2300.

Here is the post I made on it:

" We're considering buying a leather sofa from Bari furniture.

I have read mostly positives , but a few negatives.

Bari has a 100% positve Ebay rating , but there are several that claim nightmares with them.

Here is a link to the sofa.

http://www.barileatherfurniture.com/furniture-collections-1/breno-393/breno-leather-sofa-furniture-332.html

We don't want to spend $2300 on junk , but would love to have it if it is what it appears to be.

Anyone have an informed opinion ?

Thanks ! "

If you have any thoughts on this please respond ASAP because the RH sale ends Monday !

We would love to save the $1200 , but don't want to regret our decision for years to come !

Thanks !

Comments (2)

• remooliverio
    15 years ago

Hello, We just ordered a sofa on 10/31/08 and we just got an e-mail stating our sofa is sitting in a N.C. warehouse until after X-mas. Ok, fine, but when we called to ask if they had another carrier they used that may be able to deliver earlier, the "nut job" they employ by the name of LOU, went off on us on the phone like a nut! I would not recommend this company, we haven't even received our sofa yet, when we called to ask for the owner, after the nut, LOU hung up on us, this Tom person, "owner"??? ask who we where, YOUR CUSTOMER! Unbelievable, he then apologized for his employe, wish us luck, 10-12 weeks later we may or may not get our sofa, and the question we had for the nut job was, If the sofa arrives damaged do we keep it until you exchange it, or do we send it all the back with this driver from N.C. ??? Simple right? Wish us luck:(

• snickster
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the reply remooliverio.
    Sorry to hear about the poor treatment your are receiving.
    I have to make a decision about the RH tonight . It is well over our budget so I am not sure what will do.
    If you would please post how your sofa purchase from Bari finally works out , I would be very interested to know.
    I have to take a trip in a couple of months to FL and will be passing right through the Orlando area where Bari is located.
    I might try to check the furniture out while on that trip .
    I really expected 2-3 months to have a sofa delivered , but I don't expect to be treated poorly by a company that I have just spent a couple of grand with.

Good luck !