SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

Party Panic - 100 people?

mtnrdredux_gw
10 years ago

Every year we have a party for all three kids' classes to celebrate the end of the school year. We usually have it the last day of school. This year our kids' are on different schedules so it is not the last day of school for either school.

I think that is why we have an unusually large turnout vs last year.That and I specifically invited siblings and parents (in past years a lot people would ask so I decided to put it out there). So far we have like 85+ yes and 3 nos, with 20 not replied. Ruh oh. I need a wedding planner!

I have looked this up on line but advice can be conflicting or confusing.

Here is the deal -

We are serving a VERY simple menu. Dogs, burgers, quesadillas for vegetarians. Watermelon, strawberries, baby carrots and sliced cucumbers. Bottled small waters. That is IT.

Questions:
1. How much food? Assume 70 kids and 30 adults?
2. How much help? We have a woman who cooks for us, she will precook a lot of the food and keep it in our warming oven (it is large). I am also having my cleaning lady come, and the gardener to help park cars. Do I need another person to help park cars? A second clean up person?
3. Do I need a port-a-potty? I don't want people going in the house (with few exceptions). The pool bathroom is accessible from outside. Is 1 BA enough? Wont' all the kids just pee in the pond and pool anyway? We have other bathrooms of course but id rather people did not go in the house.
4. Everyone wants to brring something. I hate that process of throwing away a ton of food post-party. But once it is opened, you cannot donate it. And you have to open a food gift, no? what do you think?
5 Should I serve alcohol for adults? I have tons of bottles of wine
6 Can i get xanax over the counter? kidding ...

Comments (49)