SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Anyone else have sensitive teeth?

User
14 years ago

I never had an issue with it until more recent. At the ripe ol age of 22 I made the decision to get braces. I had to have my ____ (I don't know what tooth name. It's the third one out from the front teeth. pointy ones.) both pulled because they were still baby teeth. My adult ones were impacted above just hanging out up there. I was told if I didn't do something about it they could eventually decay and I could have a world of problems in my mouth. So that was the main reason I went ahead with treatment. I looked super cute for about 5 months with little gaps where the teeth used to be with tiny chains hanging down... it's amazing what they can do. Got to wear them for about a 1.5 years. Two years after they've been off my teeth have become pretty darn sensitive. Mainly just those two "new" adult teeth that are down. I'll admit to using Crest strips in the past. Maybe two boxes before and after my braces came off I used part of another box. I finally decided they aren't real great for your teeth and stopped using them. I currently use (and have been using it for a long time) Arm and Hammer Sensitive tooth paste.

My first experience with the shooting sensitivity was when I took a bite of my Pap's legendary peanut butter fudge. Wowzers! It's usually only after I eat something super sugary that I should be eating anyhow. Gummy worms is another example. The shooting paint might only last seconds but it causes me to scrunch my face and immediately reach up and put pressure on my face/tooth in an attempt to somehow fix it. I also usually whine during those seconds. The last two days though the tooth on the left has been throbbing pain (not shooting like when I eat something sweet) on and off in that tooth. I can't even explain it. All my top teeth have a dull ache to them right now and I was assuming sinuses again. I do go to the dentist every 6 months and also get x rays. Had two cavities in my life. Brush morning and night. I don't floss all the time. I know I need to do that daily. The tooth appears ever so slightly pink in a small spot above it. It's not raised up or anything, just a little pinker than the rest of my gums.

Anyone have a similar experience? Toothpaste recommendations? I really can't stand going to the dentist. It's not him or the place it's just what they do! Sitting in that chair while they pick at your mouth... Ugh!

Comments (19)