SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elinpedersen

Asked for Bona Naturale, got Bona Mega

elinpedersen
10 years ago

I need your advice immediately.
I have gone through the hassle of moving out of the house with my big dog, emptying the entire house for all furniture, in order to have my floors resanded and finished. In my request for bids I asked for 1 coat of sealer and 3 coats of Bona Naturale.
They are currently applying the second coat of finish. An hour ago I happened to go by the contractor's van and noticed jars of Bona Mega! I called him on it and he said Naturale and Mega was the same product, just different sheens, but he would be happy to apply a 4th coat of Bona naturale on top of the 3 coats of Bona Mega. It would have to wait till Monday because the store is not open Sat-Sun.
Adding this coat of Naturale on top of the other would delay my return to the house at least one more day.

But the question is if it makes any sense:
1. Naturale and Mega are different products (Naturale being a 2-component finish). Can he simply slap a 2 component coat on top of the 3 coats of Naturale?
2. Does it even make sense to add defy Naturale treatment at this point: Naturale is supposed to leave the look of untreated wood. How can that be accomplished if the wood is already "stuffed" with Mega?

What should I do at this point? Halt everything and request the re-sand and start all over? Or am I exaggerating the problem?

Any advice? Suggestions?
Thanks

Comments (4)