SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jbrig

ISO French Quarter Cobblestone 6x6's

Jbrig
15 years ago

We are looking to tile our powder room (~25 sq ft) w/ Daltile's French Quarter in Cobblestone. It was actually discontinued back in Dec., but we were able to snag 2 boxes of 12x12's. However, we still need about 20 6x6's (so only about 1/2 box). Because it does have a cushioned edge, it really does not lend itself to cutting down from a larger size tile.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find these last few tiles? Or does anyone perhaps have any leftover from a previous flooring project? I would be happy to pay you for the tiles and for shipping, too, of course. I have looked online, but was unsuccessful.

Thanks!

Comments (19)

• sweeby
    15 years ago

There are some discount tile type retailers who specialize in discontinued tile. In other words, they buy up and resell either discontinued tiles and/or seconds. I found one in Houston a few years back when I was trying to match some discontinued Dal. It was a 'Cheap Tile!' store in a lousy neighborhood, not a 'Hard-to-Find-Tile' boutique, and stupidly, I called in advance to determine if they had the tile in question -- they did! And quoted me a price that was TWICE the regular retail for that tile. I was so annoyed by their price-gauging that I went with another tile instead.

I'd suggest you call DalTile corporate to see what stores in your area carry their products and if there are any that get the discontinued stock. I don't remember the name of the place here, and wouldn't recommend them if I did -- but there may be someplace close to you.

Good luck!

If you can't find the FQ Cobblestone 6x6's, you might consider using some 6x6 decos in a contrasting tile, or a small 1x1 mosaic fil instead. Turn it into a design feature...

• Jbrig
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, Sweeby. I'm only a few hrs from Houston, if I just knew where to look, I'd be happy to make the drive (been planning a shopping trip there, anyway!). I'll do some online searching in the Hou. area.

I had considered using some type of 6x6 deco tile, but hadn't even thought about a 1x1 mosaic fill. Hmmm....

Thanks for getting me started thinking in a little different direction.

• sweeby
    15 years ago

If it was only discontinued in December, there may be lots of it around still. (Great Indoors on I-10 used to sell it. You may also want to try Timberline Flooring on Fondren -- very helpful folks there.) You know there's a big DalTile warehouse on 290? To the trade only, but that's who I called to find the Cheap Tile! place. (They were, if I recall, off of I-45 south near Hobby.)

Since it's a small powder room, you can do something really interesting on the floor and carry off a dramatic design idea without going over-the-top. (Inset river rocks, glass blocks, vintage tiles, even pennies!) You could also 'cheat' a cobblestone pattern quite a bit without necessariy getting 'caught'. Lots of wall edges, under the vanity, under and behind the toilet...

• lmarletto
    15 years ago

We decided on French Quarter in a mix of Cobblestone and Mardi Gras in January and only managed to find the 12x12's in those two colors. We ended up buying the 6x6's and the 6x12's in Spicy Gumbo. It's a lighter version of Mardis Gras and two of the colors in the Spicy Gumbo mix look like two of the colors in the Cobblestone mix. If you're OK with the 6x6's only being the lighter half of the Cobblestone colors, that might work too. I would have preferred not to lighten up the mix with Spicy Gumbo, but I'm not unhappy with the decision. We won't lay the tiles for a couple more weeks.

We decided to mix the colors because the Cobblestone was bluer than we wanted and the Mardis Gras had some red-brown and greenish colors in it that diluted the blue effect. Love those tiles!

• Jbrig
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sweeby,
    Thanks so much for the tile resource locations. Even if I end up not going w/ the Cobblestone 6x6's, those sound like good places to look for other tile options. I'm actually really liking your idea of doing something a little different. Like I said earlier, sounds like I need to plan a shopping trip to Houston soon.

lmarletto,
    I'd love to see your floor--it sounds beautiful! SOunds like you found a way to make it work, plus it's now definitely a custom tile job :-)

• bdalton77
    15 years ago

Jbrig,

I saw your post regarding daltile french quarter cobblestone...i just finished a job and have a box left over...let me know if your interested....bdalton77

• Jbrig
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bdalton77,

Thank you SO much for the offer. I think I have decided to go w/ Sweeby's suggestion, and use either a deco 6x6 or a mosaic fill. Again, I appreciate your thinking of me--Gardenweb has so many posters willing to help total strangers--it helps to restore my faith in humanity :-)

• turkn8or
    15 years ago

I need 2 boxes of 12x12. Can you tell me where you found it? Thanks

• Jbrig
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Turkn8or,

I just emailed you; let me know if you don't get it soon....

• terrypy
    15 years ago

Try Daltiles corporate offices in Dallas off 175..they are pretty nice about telling you places you can find it. In Texas HomeDepot and Lowes also carries the brand.

• idoskool
    15 years ago

Bdalton77,

I would love to buy your box of French Quarter Cobblestone if you still have it.

Thank you,
    Gail

• drew_2008
    15 years ago

I am still looking for all sizes of the French Quarter Cobblestone to finish an area of my house. I had 300sqft set aside, but I lost it all in the California Fire on Nov 15th when my storage burned. If I was able to get 100sqft, that should be enough to finish. I need 6x6, 6x12, 12x12, and 12x18. Anyone with any of this left over please email me. Thank You.

Drew

• otwtile
    15 years ago

IN STOCK!!!

6X6 DALTILE FRENCH QUARTERS COBBLESTONE

ALSO AVAILABLE
    6X6 DALTILE FRENCH QUARTERS MARDIGRAS
    12X12 DALTILE FRENCH QUARTERS MARDIGRAS
    12X12 HEXAGONAL DALTILE FRENCH QUARTERS MARDIGRAS

OTW INC.
    TILE FOR LESS
    2301 S. HILL ST.
    LOS ANGELES, CA. 90007
    TEL: 213 7484664
    FAX: 213 7481506

CONTACT NANCY, AL OR MIKE

• helpneedtile
    15 years ago

I am needing 400 + sq. ft. of 12 x 12 Cobblestone. You can reach me at Texansoccernuts@aol.com

Thanks!

• toddw
    15 years ago

I have french Quarter tile in stock now please call if you need any 405-740-4526

• alexis_williams
    15 years ago

I have eleven boxes of French Quarter Spicy Gumbo. I bought this for my kitchen, but I was short a few boxes and was unable to find more of this product anywhere. If anyone would like to purchase this, I could offer it at a VERY LOW PRICE. If you are interested, e-mail me at alexiswrightwilliams@gmail.com

• seaexplorer13_yahoo_com
    15 years ago

I used Cobblestone (3114)two years ago for outside entry, it's stunning! Now want to use it inside for bathrooms and kitchen.

Need several boxes 12x12, 6x12, and 6x6.

Any out there? Can't believe DAL discontinued this line!!

• maverickcomm
    13 years ago

I am looking for approx 75 square feet of dal tile french quarter cobblestone. ideally 3 boxes of 12x12,two boxes of 6x6 and two boxes 6x12. Please email me at dallasmark01@gmail.com

thanks,

Mark

• cutie_named_arie
    4 years ago

Hi there,

I know it’s been awhile since anyone posted in this discussion. I’m currently looking for a few daltile French quarter tiles. I’ll go with cobblestone or Mardi Gras. Does anyone still have any?