SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
organic_mike64

Terrazzo Restoration Nightmare

organic_mike64
16 years ago

I just hired a company to restore my terrezzo floors here in Miami and I am not a happy camper! The company is AF Agencies in Hallandale, Florida. At first, a man named Joshua came out and gave an estimate. He seemed friendly and bragged about how he has been in business for 25 years. He said he could restore the floors and I would just have to pay him half the money up front so I did. Then he and his crew of young inexperienced guys came out to remove the tile from the floors. They used some sort of 'jackhammer' machine to break the tile and it gouged hundreds of holes in my terrazzo in the process. I was so upset! They then told me the floors were ruined and I should re-tile them!!! Instead, I got them to come back out to re-assess the damage they had caused. The owner ( Joshua ) tried again and again to convince me I should forget about finishing the terrazzo restoration job at this point. I told him his workers ruined the floors and would have to fill in the holes with terrazzo per our contract and that's when one of his workers began shouting profanities at me and spitting in my face because I was "questioning" thier work. Joshua said they all did thier job and the holes couldn't be avoided....Joshua wasn't even there at all while the work was being done. Over this past weekend I had another reputable (more expensive) company come out to look at the job and the owner said the holes could have been avoided and workers should be more careful when it costs $20,000 to pour new terrazzo floors. He also said AF Agencies (Joshua) should have either been more careful with the machine when removing the tiles or have done it by hand. I am now going to make AF Agencies fill all of those hundreds of holes they created and they have to use real terrazzo - I just hope they are able to match the original color. I can't afford to do anymore work and just wish he didn't ruin my floors. I wish there was something I could do. I feel as though this company comes in and takes half the money up front and has a young worker break tile for a day and then the boss man convinces customers thier terrazzo is irreperable and it's better not to restore it - make a quick buck and leave. Very Frustrating!!!!

Comment (1)