SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whitdobe

Pest Control Service?

whitdobe
13 years ago

We live in Georgia near Atlanta and for about the last 10 years we've used a pest control service. This week they raised our monthly bill from $51.74 to $57.37. )This is simply for pests (ants, bugs, etc), it has nothing to do with termites. We have another company who installed and services that system.)

For that amount of money the service either sprays or spreads granules around the perimeter of the house outside once a month. Quite honestly, even though we've had them doing that for about the last ten years, I've questioned myself on whether it's worth it. Now I see fewer and fewer pest control trucks in our neighborhood and I think a lot of folks have just dropped the service or are buying spray at Home Depot do to it themselves. It adds up to over $600 per year!

Anyway, I've been a bit passive about this but for some reason the most recent price increase has crossed my threshold. First I was thinking I'd call them up and tell them they could back their price down to what it was or lose our account. Now I'm thinking that I'll just go buy some spray and do it myself so I might as well cancel them. On the other hand, if I'm wrong and it's not a good idea to get rid of them then I'd like to know that before I call them on Monday.

I'd like an opinion from folks on here, particulary those in the south. Do you use a monthly pest control service and do you think it's worthwhile?

Now that they got my attention so to speak, I'm really wondering if I could do just as good a job with stuff from Home Depot.

Comments (14)